Command Cnc frozen issue

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
Alltech
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Command Cnc frozen issue

Post by Alltech »

I have a star lab plasma table with a command cnc controller. It also says bull rear mini 1. I shut this unit down on a Friday after cutting some things out and came back on Monday and went to turn it on. It turned on and went thru like normal and got to the main desktop page but is completely unresponsive. I have tried two different mouses, have unplugged all cables and restarted it about 10 times and still nothing. I plug my thumb drive in and it doesn’t even pop up on the screen. We have had this table for about two years now. Star lab said I can send it in and try to repair it, any one have anything to try before I send it out? Thanks for the help.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Command Cnc frozen issue

Post by adbuch »

It sounds like a controller issue to me. I assume you meant you plugged your thumb drive into the controller, and not the computer.
David
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

Sounds like there is a hardware fault or a broken driver in Linux.

Can you enter the BIOS using your keyboard on startup? If that works, then it points to a software driver fault.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Well, it certainly sounds like a computer problem. The odd thing is that it booted up ok, which means it accessed the hard drive and checked the memory and peripherals like the keyboard and mouse. Linux is usually pretty bullet proof to these kind of problems.
It kinda seems like maybe something going on with the USB system. Have you tried unplugging the keyboard and seeing if that frees up the mouse, or vice-versa? I seem to remember running into a problem like this once that traced back to a stuck key on the keyboard.

That's all I got, Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

I was going to say lsusb list all the usb ports but you can't type!
Alltech
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Alltech »

Thank you for the reply’s, but nothing has worked. I’m going to send in and hope for the best.
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

We did receive the PC. It had a hardware failure. We have since shipped a replacement.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”