Blade runner z axis problem

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
Danielbarnes7697
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Blade runner z axis problem

Post by Danielbarnes7697 »

Hello to all. My first time on this forum and I'm seeking for help. I bought a cnc plasma table (bulltear) with a blade runner system. When I load a file, zero the table, hit run, the z axis doesn't go anywhere. It begins the first cut path at the height its at. When done with that path, it rises roughly half an inch and continues with the second. Each completed it just keeps going up. I'm not familiar with this system and can use some (alot) of help.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Blade runner z axis problem

Post by adbuch »

Did your table come with a manual or some documentation that tells how to set/adjust and test your torch height control? If you purchased your system new, the dealer should be able to help you. If you purchased it used, perhaps you can get some input from the previous owner. I would need more information in order to try to help you.
David
Danielbarnes7697
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

My friend that I bought it from didn't know much about the system and just barely knew how to cut parts with it. On top of that he has the worst memory on the planet. When I purchased/picked it up he had told me a few months prior he was cutting some parts and out of the blue it started to cut 1" above material after touch off. He called the company (c&cnc) and did a few tests. The gentleman at c&cnc told him the small box that's connected to the plasma cutter (hyperthrem 45) was bad and needs to be rebuilt/replaced. I'm trying to get to this point if I even can. I will be at the table on Wednesday night around 330 4pm. I can put all the info about the table on here some we can try and figure it out. Thank you
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Please call in 1-855-433-3689 and we will walk you through anything you need.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

BTA Plasma wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:12 pm Please call in 1-855-433-3689 and we will walk you through anything you need.
Thanks for stepping up and offering your assistance to get the OP up and running.
David
TJS

Post by TJS »

Wow. BTA plasma, way to go.
Danielbarnes7697
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

I have the bladerunner candcnc esp2 controller, sensor pwm digital plasma module, mach3, candcnc rs485 4 port hub. Load a file, hit run, pierce a hole (no touch off) then raises about an inch and stays in that spot with torch still firing and not continuing with cut path. Also I cannot move the z axis with the keyboard. Just x and y axis.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Did you change the post processor, but with no keyboard movement you may have a failure in the Z drive system. If your drivers are close enough you may try swapping the output plugs between the Y and Z be sure to do this only with power off. Use the keyboard keys for testing. Another thing is to check the output pins in the motor drive setting in Mach 3.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Danielbarnes7697
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

BTA Plasma wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:12 pm Please call in 1-855-433-3689 and we will walk you through anything you need.
I did call. Being the time difference and me working a full-time job. I can't get to my table before they get off work. My only option right now is the forum's.

I called c and cnc and I have to pay a $75 fee for tech support. On top of that, if I were to pay it, the on the phone tech support doesn't know the older systems. At least that's what the gentleman told me when I called. He also told me he is 90% positive its the PWM modular. Not sure how to test this. Need to look at the manuals online
dodom
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by dodom »

You have free tech support through email and the forum. The tech support technician has only been with the company for 2 years the Mach product was discontinued 6 years ago. Does the system ever fire the torch ? go to https://www.candcnc.net/supportforum/index.php and join the forum. The engineer that designed the controller monitors that forum all weekend and will answer questions.
Danielbarnes7697
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

I just plugged the new module in (pwm2a), set the jumper to the correct ratio, pressed the left arrow key and the gantry went out of square. Press the arrow key again then traveled that direction. I ran the gantry off the track to see what direction the motors were going and one of the 2 x axis motors turn a different direction when pressed. Let go and press it again then it turns the direction it needs to. It keeps repeating that and don't know what to do
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Danielbarnes7697 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:11 pm I just plugged the new module in (pwm2a), set the jumper to the correct ratio, pressed the left arrow key and the gantry went out of square. Press the arrow key again then traveled that direction. I ran the gantry off the track to see what direction the motors were going and one of the 2 x axis motors turn a different direction when pressed. Let go and press it again then it turns the direction it needs to. It keeps repeating that and don't know what to do
That sounds like a loose wire somewhere. Check all your wiring very carefully and post back

Return to “CandCNC Forum”