2013 PP50 - nothing over 20amps. Torch volt way down.

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
Countryguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

2013 PP50 - nothing over 20amps. Torch volt way down.

Post by Countryguy »

Hi all- For starters- This may not be a PP50 issue... It's all part of a CandCNC BladeRunner/Mach3 system.
ISSUE: Suddenly- the cut quality went south... The Torch Volts- took a dive too. Nothing is as it was then cutting normally just a few weeks ago on last project.

A) The CandCNC system has a Direct Current probe option which it has an internal test and calibration routine, which passed. So I 'think' it's not that part.

B) talked to support to Mark tonight- Did not know that the unit starts in pilot-arc mode (20A) for a sec or two.. then Xfers into the current setting as set by the user. .. The Front Display only registers the user- setting. it does not offer any real-time display. (as was mentioned, but this 2013 unit does not).

I replaced the Ground Clamp and new lead-in and bolt down. . Cleaned all contacts. Checked all wiring....

C) I dialed the face from 50 to 19 (lowest settig) and no matter what, the current reads the same every time. Torch Volts set to 110V consistent for years is now in the 70's and 80's and seems to be up down to maintain .06 cut heights.. crazy fluctuations.... Sometimes it hit 107.. Torch sinkes and break away till it stops.

So- I am thinking there is some 'Xfer' circuity that takes the unit from Pilot DC current mode (20amps), then switches into User Setting-based current .... Anyone have thoughts or opinion. recall - this is NOT a HF start. S45 Machine torche from Everlast. Trifimet unit.

Looking for a DC amp meter I can use to verify the CandCNC DCP is working. My inline only goes to 10A. The Fluke 325 AC/DC A-clamp on to 400amps is $$$ 290. Ouch but boy do folks love it. reads down the 50ma... for those leakers. Hmmmm Xmas early???
Countryguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Repair Update- 2013 PP50 - nothing over 20amps. Torch volt way down.

Post by Countryguy »

Quick update.... Worked w/ Everlast support. Very helpful. Call picked up everytime.. even a Friday at about 6pm+... thanks!! The internal 'pilot' board was the issue. It's been resolved. This is a early version (2013) and had a rather older board setup... But tech did get me in the right place. Probably the LM7805Cv 5V regulator, but I swapped out a few other parts . (old job skills pay off!)

Here is whats up now: When the unit is on..(not firing) Mach 3 is displaying torch volts... 17V or so? So something is energized at the tip for that to happen right? Or maybe there is an internal calibration. There are several pots on the pilot board.... we'll see. Digging in.
Countryguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: 2013 PP50 - nothing over 20amps. Torch volt way down.

Post by Countryguy »

step 1... Took DMM to tip and plate. 0 Vdc. Step 2, check Vdc on tip volts out from unit.. 0Vdc. Step3, reseat and check all connections. :-) Plug not seated.. "click" and 0 tip volts. Seems all good now. Calibration time. Thank Everlast for all their help!

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”