THC VOLTAGE

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
WARLOCKOFFROAD
1/2 Star Elite Contributing Member

THC VOLTAGE

Post by WARLOCKOFFROAD »

hey guys. i have the everlast 80s hooked to my cutting edge plasma table. what settings are you guys using to get THC to work properly what's a good starting spot?

thanks in advance,
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC VOLTAGE

Post by acourtjester »

You will find that there are slight differences between Plasma unit and THC units. You can get info from amember but you will need to refine them for you table operation. Here is a video I made when I installed my first Price THC, watch the part about testing to get the correct cut height and then the voltage to obtain the correct cut height with THC on. You make straight cuts about 6" to 8" long for each cut thickness of metal, then create a chart for you to use. My Hypertherm 65 and Price THC cuts about 8 to 10 volts different that the hypertherm manual, but you cannot just do one and done. And adjust all setting by that amount.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I am guessing your THC system settings are correct from the manufacturer and your just looking for the proper voltage values for various materials. If that is the case then AC's suggestion above is all you need to do to develop your own cut charts with best settings. Have you been successful in using the THC to maintain a stable cutting height so far?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:45 pm You will find that there are slight differences between Plasma unit and THC units. You can get info from amember but you will need to refine them for you table operation. Here is a video I made when I installed my first Price THC, watch the part about testing to get the correct cut height and then the voltage to obtain the correct cut height with THC on. You make straight cuts about 6" to 8" long for each cut thickness of metal, then create a chart for you to use. My Hypertherm 65 and Price THC cuts about 8 to 10 volts different that the hypertherm manual, but you cannot just do one and done. And adjust all setting by that amount.
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
WARLOCKOFFROAD

Post by WARLOCKOFFROAD »

Thanks ADBURCH!!! I will check this out. i am assuming my settings are correct as well WELDGUY. I will mess around more with it this weekend. it seemed to work fairly good the other day on 7 gauge. i took a guess. I will view this video and set accordingly and try again. THANKS GUYS

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”