Everlast CNC Port Errata - How it really works

Discussion forum for Everlast & Longevity plasma cutters
joer00

Re: Everlast CNC Port Errata - How it really works

Post by joer00 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:09 pm

I see this thread is still somehow active, so I hope maybe someone can help here. I posted my problem at another thread ( see link below).

The issue is, when I plug in the CNC torch instead of the handheld torch, it immediately starts ! I connect a simple switch to Pin 1 and 2 and it does not matter if this is on or off, it is always son and does not stop. Even with nothing in the CNC port at all, the machine immediate starts.

Someone in the other thread mentioned that the wire in the torch needs to be fixed, but gave not details. So I would appreciate if somebody here can tell me what I need to do to have a simple on an off switch.

Thanks

Rodw

Post by Rodw » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:56 pm

joer00 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:09 pm
Someone in the other thread mentioned that the wire in the torch needs to be fixed, but gave not details. So I would appreciate if somebody here can tell me what I need to do to have a simple on an off switch.
That would have been me. Apparently this is not uncommon with generic torches. Its probably becasue they assume an on off switch is moved from the torch body to outside the torch. With a CNC interface, its a totally different circuit that triggers the torch. What we did was check the hand torch could be triggered by the CNC port, disassembled both torches, and reviewed the wiring side by side with a muiltimeter and confirm what happened when the hand torch trigger was pressed and what was different, then made the machine torch electrically identical to the hand torch with the trigger off. Its so long ago I can't even remember what the issue was. All I remember is that it did not work and 30 minutes of trouble shooting solved the problem!

joer00

Post by joer00 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 am

Great thanks. Ok tis should be straight forward, looks like just the on/off in the CNC is set to always on.

Will take it apart and post back the details here once fixed so other have a roadmap :)

horse60

Post by horse60 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Heavychevy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 pm
I would like to say thank you for posting this fix. I have a everlast power plasma 80s and this works perfect for the proma thc! My board was different than the one above but the pinout was the same.
Hi, I am a newb and I have the same machine & board you have pictured, will this give me the 50:1 ?
Thanks for any help

Return to “Everlast & Longevity Plasma Cutters”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC