torch height control -Fastcut g5 fabricator table

FastCut CNC plasma table discussion forum
toddler
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

torch height control -Fastcut g5 fabricator table

Post by toddler »

hello, i have a fastcut g5 fabricator table with auto torch height control. for some reason when when the height control is on, i start the cut and it pierces normal, but as it moves along the cut path, the head raises up until it is like an inch above the sheet of metal. obviously, it cannot cut from this height :) so i have been controlling it manually for several months now, but i want to get it fixed. does anyone have any ideas for how i could fix this or what could be wrong? i do not know much about the computer part of it. it could be just a setting wrong or something else could be messed up. any ideas would be appreciated! thanks! toddler
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: torch height control

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

What material & settings are you cutting with? Floating away can be caused by a combination of bad voltage and speed settings.

Lemmeno.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer/supplier of your torch height control system. Likely the issue is with a setting or adjustment. Height control....working properly...is the single best way to improve plasma cut quality, productivity and consumable life.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

toddler wrote:hello, i have a fastcut g5 fabricator table with auto torch height control. for some reason when when the height control is on, i start the cut and it pierces normal, but as it moves along the cut path, the head raises up until it is like an inch above the sheet of metal. obviously, it cannot cut from this height :) so i have been controlling it manually for several months now, but i want to get it fixed. does anyone have any ideas for how i could fix this or what could be wrong? i do not know much about the computer part of it. it could be just a setting wrong or something else could be messed up. any ideas would be appreciated! thanks! toddler
toddler
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by toddler »

ok thanks guys. we contacted the manufacturer of the table, and they said it must be something in the wiring between the head and the computer. i guess we will have to go through all the wires and see which one is malfunctioning.
toddler
pr connection
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by pr connection »

What are your voltage settings in Mach 3 when you are experiencing these issues? What plasma machine are u using? I have a fast cut table as well and first had this issue this evening.

Dan

Return to “FastCut CNC Forum”