Burntables control box.

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Pamela K.
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Burntables control box.

Post by Pamela K. »

We bought a used burntables and we just got it up and going after a couple weeks of hair pulling and wanting to say a few choice words. When we were looking at the control box we found that the nuts that hold the control knobs were loose. Problem is that I have no clue where the lines on the knobs belong so it is at the lowest or highest settings. We are having issues with the pierce height and torch height, but with the knobs being loose I can't seem to get the settings correct. I did tighten the nuts up, but I need to know where the lines on the knobs should be to have the accurate settings. With the nuts loose you can turn the knobs and when they are turned it is turning the parts inside the box. If anyone has an older burntables setup, would you please turn the torch height and pierce height control knobs either all the way till they stop to the positive symbol or the negative symbols, it doesn't matter which, I just need an idea where they should be. Thank you in advance.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Burntables control box.

Post by tcaudle »

That won't make any difference. Just turn the knobs (pots) so the center is at 12 o clock on your box . Go fully clockwise than back counterclockwise and that is full travel, Then just center it between them .
The settings are a "hunt and find " process anyway, You have no readout of torch volts so have no feedback on height other than to stare at the flame. You will just have to twist the knob until it does what you want . Just get it so the pot behind the knob is not spinning and the knob is tight on the shaft. You cannot use Fine cut because knob settings won't go that low. Probably the happiest person so far is the one that sold you the table.
Pamela K.
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Pamela K. »

Thanks for the information, tcaudle. I will do that. I agree with you on the person that sold us the table being the happiest. We had no clue what we were doing and we have had nothing but trouble since we have had it. We finally got it to cut out a design and my daughter changed a setting and it messed it up. Burntables got us straight on the settings and told her to do a few things, it still wouldn't work. Burntables then told us we needed to send our computer and control box to them and they would fix it for $150.00 an hour. Well, we are hard headed and don't give up easily. We got on all kinds of forums and they helped us to get it going again. I just wanted to make sure the pots were in the right place so at least we would know they were where they were supposed to be. Again, thanks, I will let ya knownhown it turns out.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Well, where they are "supposed" to be is where ever it gives you the proper heights. Its all relative. You just need to make it so you can get it back to the same spot again so you are in the ballpark. It will change with the type material and even with different cut rates .
Pamela K.
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Pamela K. »

We are gonna try what you said to do and if that gets us anywhere near the original place to start out at least it will make me feel better. I realize we will have to adjust it as we change materials, but I want to be able to change the settings knowing we are as close to the spot we need to be. When we are trying to get the pierce height where it needs to be, right now it doesn't seem to do anything. We are definitely learning as we go. That will probably a whole different post on here, hahaha! Again, thanks!
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Back in the "Old Days" when all I had was the old THC300 I designed in O2, I would just get the setting right and mark the panel with a line to get me back close. Even that unit had a Volts readout that let you see what you were doing/ I always did the touch off and pierce height out of MACH and g-code. Way more accurate than setting with a knob . Pierce height and cut height never change for the same torch .
Pamela K.
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Pamela K. »

There are marks where the guy had done it before we got it. Even on those marks it makes no difference. Gonna do the 12 o'clock thing and see if that helps any. I would just love to know where they belong to start with. When ya turn the knobs, they dang near do a 360 from the lowest- to the highest +. It's set up that way, not because the nuts were loose. That is a whole lot of possible settings in there. Again, thanks for your time and information. I plan on being in the shop tomorrow and I am going to do what you said to do and see if that helps.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”