Rotary Tube Software for Shop Sabre

Shop Sabre plasma table discussion forum
Sdwelder123
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Rotary Tube Software for Shop Sabre

Post by Sdwelder123 »

I've got a Shop Sabre Sideckick 10 a couple of months back that I ordered with the 4th Axis on table pipe cutting attachment. Table works awesome! I am now trying to figure out which route i should go for software to control the 4th axis. Hypertherm Rotary Tube Pro is recommended but that is also very costly for the software itself. I currently run Enroute for all of the 2d parts but have had sheetcam in the past. I see sheetcam has a rotary tube module and was wondering if that would work well with the WINCNC controller that my Shop Sabre has. Any suggestions are appreciated.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Rotary Tube Software

Post by acourtjester »

When I setup and use the rotary cutter on my DIY table I switched one axis motor cable to the rotary motor and just set the cut up as a flat cut.
but that is just me or the way I do things. I did not need to buy any special software. When I bought a laser etcher they did the same thing for doing rotary etching on glass or round objects.

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Sdwelder123 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:21 pm I've got a Shop Sabre Sideckick 10 a couple of months back that I ordered with the 4th Axis on table pipe cutting attachment. Table works awesome! I am now trying to figure out which route i should go for software to control the 4th axis. Hypertherm Rotary Tube Pro is recommended but that is also very costly for the software itself. I currently run Enroute for all of the 2d parts but have had sheetcam in the past. I see sheetcam has a rotary tube module and was wondering if that would work well with the WINCNC controller that my Shop Sabre has. Any suggestions are appreciated.
If this is a true 4th axis, then your best bet would most likely be to use the recommended Hypertherm Rotary Tube Pro software. I am not familiar with the Sheetcam rotary tube module. Much like Tom, my Plasmacam rotary tube cutter also uses the Y-axis for rotation. It is a simple matter to scale the drawing height (Y direction) to match the circumference of the particular size tube being cut. Perhaps post some photos of your table with rotary axis attached so we can see what you are dealing with.

David

In this demo video of my tube cutter, the Y axis is rotation.
Sdwelder123
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Sdwelder123 »

I have not yet attached the the rotary head to the table but here is a couple of pictures of the setup. The table controller has a dedicated 4th axis output built in. Have just been looking into software options so far. I may try enroute first to see how it goes.
20230124_101226.jpg
20230124_101239.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Rotary Tube Software for Shop Sabre

Post by weldguy »

Don;t have any experience in that but interested in how it works out for you. Looks awesome! I will be sure to check back.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

sheetcam + rotary

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

neat stuff thanks for posting
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I agree! Very cool videos. I don't use Sheetcam, but perhaps I will look into this for the 4th axis on my little diy cnc router/cutter.
David
Lee0110
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Lee0110 »

I would highly recommend using Hypertherm Rotary Tube Pro for controlling the 4th axis of your Shop Sabre Sideckick 10.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Lee0110 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:25 am I would highly recommend using Hypertherm Rotary Tube Pro for controlling the 4th axis of your Shop Sabre Sideckick 10.
Lee - do you have an idea what the cost is to purchase the Hypertherm Rotary Tube Pro software? Do you have any personal experience using it?
Thanks,
David

Return to “Shop Sabre Forum”