LDR Support

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

LDR Support

Post by tnbndr »

I purchased my LDR 4x8 in 2014 and it gets used a decent amount. The mini desktop is kept by the table in my shop where painting, grinding and all other sorts of crap gets done. Well it finally, the hard drive, took a dump this summer.
I purchased a similar desktop off ebay and proceeded to set it up via instructions that Dan at LDR provided in 2014 on a thumb drive along with other important backup files. Well things weren't lining up and I had problems. Shot an email off to Dan with some photos of error messages, etc.
He responded with suggestions and over the course of several days he guided me back to where I was when everything crashed.
So just a shout out to continued support from LDR after 7 years.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: LDR Support

Post by weldguy »

Good to hear. The way it ought to be :Like :Like
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

tnbndr wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:27 am I purchased my LDR 4x8 in 2014 and it gets used a decent amount. The mini desktop is kept by the table in my shop where painting, grinding and all other sorts of crap gets done. Well it finally, the hard drive, took a dump this summer.
I purchased a similar desktop off ebay and proceeded to set it up via instructions that Dan at LDR provided in 2014 on a thumb drive along with other important backup files. Well things weren't lining up and I had problems. Shot an email off to Dan with some photos of error messages, etc.
He responded with suggestions and over the course of several days he guided me back to where I was when everything crashed.
So just a shout out to continued support from LDR after 7 years.
Happy to hear things worked out!! It's great when customer support comes thru for you. This time around, you may want to consider mounting your "new" pc in a dust-proof enclosure, or at the very least buying one of those breathable protective bags to encase your pc.

I bought one of these for the pc I use for one of my cnc wood routers and it is really a pretty nice and effective product. Also - hopefully your replacement pc has a solid state hard drive - which may hold up better in a dirty environment.

https://www.dirtbag.biz/products/tower-covers
Dirtbag inc.jpg
Or if you want to really get fancy - build something like the one Keith Fenner did for his Plasmacam control computer.
David
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJkm9T2941M
getting ready for plasmacam.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

This time around, you may want to consider mounting your "new" pc in a dust-proof enclosure,
I thought about building an enclosure but I am really limited on space in my two car garage. And actually I am pretty surprised it lasted as long as it did. The new computer does not have a solid state drive, hard enough to find a computer with 32 bit Windows 7!!!! I am pretty good at regularly opening it up and blowing it out. I may get one of those bags those, can't hurt.
But I did purchase a solid state drive for the old computer and currently have my IT neighbor looking into cloning the operating one to the solid state so that I have a plug and play back up.
Thanks for the information.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”