Down draft table with water filtration

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Tplaster
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Down draft table with water filtration

Post by Tplaster »

hey. I figure if ever there were a wealth of knowledge it would be here... i have a down draft table that im trying to set up at my work. The table is a 10'x10' bed with all the little partitions. When my company bought the table it didnt come with the suction motor or any of that so i have to try to figure it out... but part of my problem is the exhaust cannot just be vented to the outdoors- needs to be filtered... is it possible to do like a water filter- pushing the exhaust through a water barrel to capture the smoke & dust... and... how big of an electric motor/ or how many cfm do i need to accomplish for decent suction? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Down draft table with water filtration

Post by Rodw »

Funny you mention this. I found this pic on a for sale ad and am thinking of doing something similar. They are just using a dust extractor
dust extractor.jpg
I'd probably use pleated filters on top which are good to 1 micron.
On Hypertherm's web site they suggested 4000 CFM for a 4x4 table.
So factor that back to the size of your zones.
You can get a spark arrester if its not built in to your table
see: https://www.nordfab.com/en/products/qf- ... spark-trap

Are you using the original controller? You will need something to trigger each zone shutter based on the torch position.
This is pretty trivial in Linuxcnc if you are planning a retrofit. See this work in progress.
https://forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser ... ns?start=0

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Tplaster
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Down draft table with water filtration

Post by Tplaster »

Yeah the table we have has the little actuators that trip as the gantry moves forward and back..

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”