Robot3T THC3T-04 - Feedback needed

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
jasmino
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Robot3T THC3T-04 - Feedback needed

Post by jasmino »

Hey Folks,

I realise this might be somehow redundant, as I have seen other post where this device is mentioned, but it was like 2 years ago, and there might be some update since !

I'm planning on buying a Robot3T THC3T-04 for my DIY made plasma cutter. It is not my first experience with CNC as I have built a 4x4 CNC before.

The plasma cutter I have is a Miller Spectrum 2050, with the machine torch. Software will be Mach3.

I know that other THC controller like the Neuron are probably better that the Robot3T, but the price is outside my allowed budget (allowed = wife).

I don't intend to use it to cut stuff like corrugated sheet metal; it will be mostly 1/8", 3/16" or 1/4" metal plate, so as you can see, it's pretty much basic requirement.

anyone out there, that have used that Robot3T THC controller ? What is your opinion about it ? ease of integration ? Actual support from vendor ?

Thanks in advance !
legendarylarry
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Robot3T THC3T-04 - Feedback needed

Post by legendarylarry »

I have the THC3T-02 with step/dir. The price was very good. The instructions were not, mostly because it left out too many things that maybe the designers assumed everyone would already know. It seems to work fine now, mostly by accident while just trying everything I could think of. Customer support was very slow. But it was easy to install and functions as it should. If they had a good set of instructions, I could have installed it in an hour and been cutting metal. Instead, it was an hour install and weeks to get it to work. Now that I know how to do it, I would buy it again if I were to make another machine.
wokesy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by wokesy »

legendarylarry, I also have one of these controllers THC3T-02, any chance you could share your Mach settings and anything you might have discovered that would assist in set up? The instructions are a joke. I have some life in mine but I think some of the settings on the THC are off. Thanks in advance.

Richard
legendarylarry
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by legendarylarry »

Wokesy, Sorry I missed your post. Too much stuff going on around Christmas time. The THC3T-02 is working fine now. I built the machine to sell so it will be gone on Jan. 12 to its new owner. I'll help if I can. Once it is gone I won't be able to check settings so ask while you can.
wokesy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by wokesy »

legendarylarry, I won't be able to check my settings until Monday but off the top of my head; What post processor are you using? What P value are you using on the THC and do you have to change the P value for each thickness of material? Going by the "instructions" I should see the output voltage of the plasma on the P value screen when I fire the plasma (cutmaster52 thermodynamics) I see 130-140v with a meter at the divider but the THC only shows 30-35V. I would appreciate any insight you have. I'll check my settings on Monday and probably ask a couple more questions.
Thanks Richard..
legendarylarry
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by legendarylarry »

I'm using Sheetcam with post processor "Mach3 flame with THC-G31". I did have to edit it a little to work with my floating head and set it to reference at the start of every cut. I mostly have been cutting 1/8" metal at 35 amps setting on my Klutch i375 plasma unit.P value is set to 40. I have raw voltage from the plasma unit to the divider. I assume that if you change output on your plasma you will have to reset your P value, but otherwise you shouldn't have to. I will check next time I cut.
Rnjfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rnjfab »

Any chance you share your settings Larry?

I have been working on mine for 3 weeks now and can’t get it to work correctly. Guessing it’s just in my settings but I can’t get them right and it’s doing my head in.

Cheers

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”