Adding extra slats

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Adding extra slats

Post by Billythegoat »

So now that I'm laid off of dirt work until spring as the band Styx said it best "Too much time on my hands"!

Got kind of sick of worrying so much about tip ups so I decided to add some extra slats to my table where I do the most cutting. I got a bunch of 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 44" long flat bar from work for free. Kinda oversized but heh, you can't put a price on free.

First things first I had to drain the table and clean out water table pan. I really need to teach my kids to do this....

I cut some 1.5" x 1.5" x 4" long angle iron that go between the existing slats for stands on each end of the new slats. Since the bottom of my water pan drains to the center of the bottom all new slats had to be fitted in place. I just laid a level across the existing slats and tacked the new slat to the angle iron when it was straight across.

Yes, this was time consuming but heh all I have is time now;) I also had to number each new slat because they are not all same build. I will not be able to flip these but since they are 1/4" I think they will outlast the 1/8" ones I have now.
New slats 1.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”