Best First CNC Table

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
visionaryarmsllc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Best First CNC Table

Post by visionaryarmsllc »

Here's what I would like to do

Cut 3/8 to 1/2 inch plate Steel into targets
Cut steel for target stands pieces and parts
and maybe some small projects but probably not cutting anyting thicker than that

I have a Miller Plasma already

im sure you get what you pay for but I wont use it all the time so a 4x8 hobby type unit may work.

Any input would be appreciated

Thank you
Brad
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Best First CNC Table

Post by Gamelord »

Any of the tables listed on the top of this page by the sponsors of this forum would be perfect for you. They will also provide full support for you to connect your Miller to their machines.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

Make sure your Miller is beefy enough to cut that thick stuff. My second machine is rated to cut thick stuff, but I didn't figure in duty cycle and now when I cut 3/8" I need to stop and let it rest sometimes on a big cut.

I have no suggestions on a table since my experience is only limited to the table I have, and they went out of business a while ago. People seem to have good things to say about Bulltear, and Arclight, and there are plenty of others too.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by N2 Welding »

Scratch wrote:Make sure your Miller is beefy enough to cut that thick stuff. My second machine is rated to cut thick stuff, but I didn't figure in duty cycle and now when I cut 3/8" I need to stop and let it rest sometimes on a big cut.

I have no suggestions on a table since my experience is only limited to the table I have, and they went out of business a while ago. People seem to have good things to say about Bulltear, and Arclight, and there are plenty of others too.
I have been thinking about duty cycles for plasma cutting on a table and was wondering if there are any time limiters built into software like Mach3/4 etc so the machine will take a break right at or just before the duty cycles are reached. Possibly at a pre set programmed amount of burn time which could be set and or changed by the end user according to the amperage in use.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”