Actual Table Measurements

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Charles Shaw
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Actual Table Measurements

Post by Charles Shaw »

Hey everyone,

I know I've asked a few questions already but I'm really new at this. I assembled my 2' x 2' z torch over the weekend to get an idea of the actual size and have a couple of questions about the larger sizes.

1) To make a table that will be able to cut up to a 5' x 10' piece of metal does it have to be over sized to a 6' x 11' ?

2) on this little "table" there are 2 braces on the bottom that keep it together and square, does plasmacam make them for the larger machine and are they available to buy separately ?

I had already ordered longer rails and gantries but I think I didn't get the correct length on the gantry and the gantry shaft.
I've tried to call plasmacam and talk to someone there to get the right items needed ordered but I just got the response ( I don't know ) so your help would really be appreciated PLEASE !!!
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Actual Table Measurements

Post by plasmanewbie »

For sure the physical dimensions of the table will need to be larger than the sheet size you wish to cut. As for those bottom braces I am sure you could buy them and have them shipped but I would make them myself.
tnbndr

Re: Actual Table Measurements

Post by tnbndr »

but I just got the response ( I don't know )
Wait!!! They are selling you table and parts but can't help you out, WTF.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”