Proma THC 150 and Triple Beast

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
anarc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Proma THC 150 and Triple Beast

Post by anarc »

Hi,

I was messing around with a TB6560 for a long while and those boards always failed after a short while.
So I decided to switch over to a Triple Beast.

Someone using the same config ? I need little assistance with the connection of the Proma THC I guess.
If I am not completely wrong I´d use the endswitch inputs of the Triple Beast for the THC input

COM -> GND of the Triple Beast
DWN -> axis endswitch x
ARC -> axis endswitch y
UP -> axis endswitch z

correct so far?

anarc
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Proma THC 150 and Triple Beast

Post by tcaudle »

A single parallel port BoB only has 4 open inputs . So if you have one used for a Z touch off (Z Home) then you have 3 left for the THC base signals. (UP, DOWN, ARC OK) each one needs to be a separate dedicated input and assigned to the basic THC outputs. To get more inputs and outputs you have to do 2 parallel ports or use a different I/O method (like the ESS card for MACH or the MESA card for Linuxcnc.
anarc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by anarc »

Yes that is what I expected. So the 4-input-limit of the Triple Beast is related to the parallel port.
I don´t need any home or stop switches so everything should be okay with the 4 inputs the driver provides.

thanks
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

So, how are you going to sense a touch-off? If you don't have a mechanical or electronic touch off sense then you wil be severely limited for cutting any thinner or even slightly warped material. Then you might as well not have THC if you can't pierce and start a cut at a correct height each time.
anarc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by anarc »

My plan was as you wrote in your first reply. One of the 4 is for the Z touch/measure trigger. The remaining 3 for the DWN,ARC,UP.
Do I miss something ?
N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by N2 Welding »

If you were to run out of input signal pins on the parallel port you could always add another parallel port and use it for any additional input signals required to communicate with Mach.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”