It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:48 am

Y axis bad when torch fires

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
burns cnc art

Y axis bad when torch fires

Postby burns cnc art » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:43 pm

ello,
Just finishing up my build and having some issues. I have CandCNC Ethercut Plazpac ,DTHVIV, with Feather Touch purchased this year. Also have the Candcnc computer and software. The problem I'm having is the Y axis runs great up until the torch fires. Then you hear the ratcheting sound. I have tried running it in manual and manually firing the torch with the same results. It runs great until the torch fires. It will run the gcode test pattern I made with no problem as long as I turn the Hypertherm off. swapped the Y with A (slave) at the control box and the problem stayed with the motor.
I have it grounded per the instructions, I have moved grounds , added grounds, and I have everything unhooked now and just using the z axis switch to touch off . I am definitely stuck ! I know its a noise issue but I just can not figure out where. The motors all sound great even running a 600 ipm when the torch is off.
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Candcnc Electronics
Mach3
SheetcamTNG
Aspire

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”