Easyscriber settings question

Questions, information, project pics and more relating to plate markers, engravers, and scribes.
defiancewelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Easyscriber settings question

Post by defiancewelding »

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get my Easyscriber dialed in. When I scribed this logo, I noticed it wasn’t scribing perfectly, as seen if you look at the C in Navicon. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? I tried using Easyscriber’s original settings, but 100ipm seemed too fast, it wasn’t coming out right at all. So I dropped it down to 30ipm, and it came out better but not perfect.

I have a Langmuir Crossfire Pro and the torch I have is the Razorweld X45 machine torch. I have looked at their forums and there’s not a lot of information about the Easyscriber there.

Thanks!
C6FEE23E-0A08-4553-9701-E9A49A264D8D.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Easyscriber settings question

Post by acourtjester »

I have seen a similar problem with font shapes, some look fine on the monitor but actual project turns out with odd shaped letter like you show.
I would suggest setting up a pen plotter attachment on your table for testing before the real etch. Even if you look at the fonts in windows folder and their test sentence do not show up in other software the same. :Sad :Sad
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

I also read somewhere that somebody used a dry erase marker and board on their table for testing. Then you can just erase it.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

It looks like you may have a little slop in your machine. Also be sure you are not over compressing the EasyScriber tip, it only pushes in so far before it bottoms out. If you bottom it out and try to scribe you would likely see this kind of result.
defiancewelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by defiancewelding »

weldguy wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:59 pm It looks like you may have a little slop in your machine. Also be sure you are not over compressing the EasyScriber tip, it only pushes in so far before it bottoms out. If you bottom it out and try to scribe you would likely see this kind of result.

Hello,

How would I know if it’s compressing too much? I have my cut height set to -.001 in sheetcam.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Do you feel any slop at all when you move your gantry or carriage by hand? I am with Tom on using a fine tip sharpie to draw your file on paper for testing. This could tell you a lot as to if it is a problem with your backlash or problem with the code. I would also check you torch mount to make sure it is good and tight.

David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

defiancewelding wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:52 am
weldguy wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:59 pm It looks like you may have a little slop in your machine. Also be sure you are not over compressing the EasyScriber tip, it only pushes in so far before it bottoms out. If you bottom it out and try to scribe you would likely see this kind of result.

Hello,

How would I know if it’s compressing too much? I have my cut height set to -.001 in sheetcam.
You could physically measure the amount of retraction the EasySciber offers. Then try to set you "cut height" so that it is in the middle of its travel range.
David
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Good advice from David Yes, just with your finger push up on the tip to get a feel for how far it compresses and set your machine up so it uses up around 1/2 to 3/4 of that stroke and you will be good. Don't need to be real accurate about it just be sure your not bottoming it out. The Crossfire is a great machine from what I hear but it doesn't look real sturdy so check for any slop in your gantry and lifter.

Return to “Plate Markers, & Air Scribes”