EASYSCRIBER QUESTIONS

All topics related specifically to the EasyScriber drag style scribe & engraving tool.
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

EASYSCRIBER QUESTIONS

Post by plasmartist »

Maybe I should start a new thread for my question but does this run on an air supply or is it simply use spring pressure like a drag knife? I already have a beast of a pneumatic scribe with a massive slide that I have dumped thousands of dollars into. But I have an addiction to buying gadgets. I am also interest in lateral load forces placed on the torch itself for 2 reasons. First off, I have a magnetic breakaway so wouldn't want to have it easily remove the torch, Second is that if it does have enough force to dislodge a breakaway should we be concerned about placing this attachment in the most expensive consumable on our tables.
DesertFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: EASYSCRIBER

Post by DesertFabworks »

Does it come with directions on what post processor to use or how to set up and use? I have a system running CandCNC electronics with sheetcam and mach 3. Obviously you dont want to the torch to fire so how do you configure and run it compared to a regular plasma cut?
Desert Fabworks LLC
Fort Mohave, Arizona
www.desertfabworks.com

Follow our CNC Plasma Build:
www.cncplasminfo.com
Follow our CNC Router Build:
www.cncrouterbuild.com
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

DesertFabworks wrote:Does it come with directions on what post processor to use or how to set up and use? I have a system running CandCNC electronics with sheetcam and mach 3. Obviously you dont want to the torch to fire so how do you configure and run it compared to a regular plasma cut?
When I want to draw with my ink pen, etc I just use the "Mach3" post, which is a router post.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
PlasmaSpider Store
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaSpider Store »

plasmartist wrote:Maybe I should start a new thread for my question but does this run on an air supply or is it simply use spring pressure like a drag knife? I already have a beast of a pneumatic scribe with a massive slide that I have dumped thousands of dollars into. But I have an addiction to buying gadgets. I am also interest in lateral load forces placed on the torch itself for 2 reasons. First off, I have a magnetic breakaway so wouldn't want to have it easily remove the torch, Second is that if it does have enough force to dislodge a breakaway should we be concerned about placing this attachment in the most expensive consumable on our tables.
It does not require air supply, it does use spring pressure like a drag knife. Lateral load forces are minimal as the diamond tip is very fine and high spring pressure is not required. We have not found a magnetic breakaway that has separated yet and optional springs are available if needed. Even low budget tables with small steppers can drag these around with ease so expect you would see no issue if your carrying a beast of a pneumatic unit.
PlasmaSpider Store
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

DesertFabworks wrote:Does it come with directions on what post processor to use or how to set up and use? I have a system running CandCNC electronics with sheetcam and mach 3. Obviously you dont want to the torch to fire so how do you configure and run it compared to a regular plasma cut?
Basic operating instructions are included however it's a universal product that can be used on any brand table with any software. For this reason there are no set instructions that will work for everyone. When the EasyScriber is installed the plasma cutter will turn itself eliminating any concern of the plasma cutter firing. In most cases your standard plasma post will work with only having to set the height so it contacts the material. Some use a basic router post as motoguy mentioned but this isn't required in most cases.
abmetal

Re: EASYSCRIBER QUESTIONS

Post by abmetal »

Has anybody made a video using one of these?

Allen
PlasmaSpider Store
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

abmetal wrote:Has anybody made a video using one of these?

Allen
There are a couple short video's here Allen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmwBcL ... jbctRlenJQ
abmetal

Post by abmetal »

Next question...has anybody used one of these on a Plasmacam with a magnetic mount?

Allen
PlasmaSpider Store
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

abmetal wrote:Next question...has anybody used one of these on a Plasmacam with a magnetic mount?

Allen
What mag mount are you using? Tip pressure is light so you should be fine.

If for some reason it doesn't work out for you it can be returned for a full refund less the cost of shipping.
abmetal

Post by abmetal »

I'm using a Snap n Cut.

Allen
Sampson Jones
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Sampson Jones »

Please make this for a pm 45 . A complete video starting with sheet cam to set up would be helpful also .
Thanks !
My design , 4ft x 8 ft water table
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 65
Command Lineux
Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw
sphurley

Post by sphurley »

Switch out your torch to the newer style and it will.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
Sampson Jones

Post by Sampson Jones »

Sp Hurley , was told via email from this site admin , that it will not work on the power max 45 , machine torch or hand torch , I currently run a machine torch . So, what torch would be the " new style " ? Part # ? Are you running this device on a power max 45 ? Thanks
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 65
Command Lineux
Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

The powermax 45XP, 65, 85 use a duramax torch, which will also work on the 45. Price is about $650.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Sampson Jones

Post by Sampson Jones »

So , it will work on the powermax 45 with a duramax torch ? I have the duramax torch running on my pm 45 . I wanted to contact who ever makes easy scribe directly,but only info I could get was through here .
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 65
Command Lineux
Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Here a couple pics of my latest Easyscriber project. I posted the dxf's in the share forum here http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25730

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Sampson Jones wrote:So , it will work on the powermax 45 with a duramax torch ? I have the duramax torch running on my pm 45 . I wanted to contact who ever makes easy scribe directly,but only info I could get was through here .
I asked about that for a buddy with Pmax 45 and it won't work unless you have the Pmax45XP, Pmax65, 85, or 105. The standard 45 uses different consumables than the larger machines and it just won't fit.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Jim Colt said you can use the same torch that is used on the 45XP, PM65 or PM85 on the PM45. Of course that means you have to by a new torch, but you gain the use of the fine cut consumables. That also should mean that you can use the EasyScriber on it.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

If you have a magnetic torch mounting system will it apply to much pressure when in use and cause the torch to brake away?
Jim
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Report this post

Postby james.davis » Wed May 30, 2018 10:47 am
If you have a magnetic torch mounting system will it apply to much pressure when in use and cause the torch to brake away?
Jim
Asked and answered up above
Precision Plasma gantry
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

http://www.plasmaspider.com/download/fi ... w&id=55184
I have a hypertherm machine torch I had problems with the cut being wavy I found that the only thing that holds the tip to the body is a fiber washer
by 3 screws , the screw holes had enlarged in the washer over time I would guess from dragging on the plate. Do you think the easyscriber might have a similar impact on the machine torch?You can buy a new washer for$25.
Jim
Attachments
torch tip.jpg
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

james.davis wrote:http://www.plasmaspider.com/download/fi ... w&id=55184
I have a hypertherm machine torch I had problems with the cut being wavy I found that the only thing that holds the tip to the body is a fiber washer
by 3 screws , the screw holes had enlarged in the washer over time I would guess from dragging on the plate. Do you think the easyscriber might have a similar impact on the machine torch?You can buy a new washer for$25.
Jim
I am not certain but I would suspect if those screws were tight nothing could move and enlarge the holes over time.
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

I didn't take the torch apart an loosen them, I guess the factory could have forgot to tighten them when they made it but if that was the case I would think after using it for six years it would have showed up sooner, may be not .
Jim
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

james.davis wrote:I didn't take the torch apart an loosen them, I guess the factory could have forgot to tighten them when they made it but if that was the case I would think after using it for six years it would have showed up sooner, may be not .
Jim
Its possible that with all the heating and cooling cycles the torch has been through that they could have become loose just from expansion and contraction.
mayper
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by mayper »

Hi Everybody,
I have a machine torch on my powermax 45, my question is how do I tell if its a Duramax torch.
Peter

Return to “EasyScriber Drag Style Scriber for Hypertherm”