Start,Shaphon

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
bobrl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Start,Shaphon

Post by bobrl »

Morning!! I am new to this site, as well as new to this line of work!!!! Here I go again! lol I have been a electrical contractor, IBEW wireman for twenty years, in 2010 things got so bad, that I couldnt beg a job with my company, so I had to close shop!! Then I bought a truck and trailer and started hauling cars! That went good till i came down with colon/rectal cancer and that stoped that!! So I am now tring to start a CNC Fab shop and dont know a lot about it!! I am in the St. Louis Mo. area in Il., so i am looking for any projects, work of any kind!! Sorry for the long story! My question is , is any one familer with the operating system "Start" "Shaphon" ??? I am buying a CNC plasma/router machine from a company in China,JCut. Could use some help!! Thanks for your time!! Bob
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Start,Shaphon

Post by tnbndr »

Not familiar with them but I would check out what kind of support you are going to get with a machine from China.!
There are lots of machines made here in the USA with accessible phone support when you run into problems. And you will have problems. Also are parts available? Don't just look at your initial cost savings, if there are any. If you are running a business your machine will be running 8 hours a day and any down time will cost you money and dissatisfied customers.
Don't just dive in, think it out.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
bobrl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bobrl »

Thanks Dennis !! Have done lots thinking!!! I have spoken to five guys who have bought several machines from this company, and they are thrilled!!! The savings is large!! I am getting a industrial table, set up for CNC routing (3.5kw) and plasma, with water table. It is a 5'x10' , it weighs in at 2000lbs!! Free shipping ,insured to Chicago Il. terminal ! $9,400.00 amercian dollars. I checked with Torchmate for a table this size with out router set up, starting at $30,000.00 ! I love to buy amercian but I cant afford that. The operating system is an amercian design, windows based i belive!!
bobrl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bobrl »

Dennis, service is a phone call or email away, Parts as well! Bob
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

I'm with Dennis on this one. I'd sure do some research first. There's a number of good used plasma tables starting to pop up. When I bought my first Plasmacam, I couldn't find any used machines but they're becoming available now.

Allen
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

The operating system is an amercian design
I would expect that, all the Chinese do is copy other peoples designs.
Good luck with your machine, I hope it works out for you.
Keep us updated.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
bobrl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bobrl »

Hello post! The company that designed Start is an Amercian company, Shaphon!! I was watching several used tables, one 6 yr old Plasmcam and a 6or7 yr old torchmate, and both sold on ebay for $8,000.00 and then I would have to ship them one was southern Mo. and the other was Flordia!!I was emailing a guy in Ca. with a 5x10 older torchmate and he wanted $11,000
So like I said I spoke to several owners of the JCut machine and they are happy!!!I was just wanting to know if anyone had any info on the system!!! Thanks !!
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

If I were you, I'd load my truck and trailer and head to Florida. Or Missouri. Just my opinion for what it's worth. Bob (Proud Torchmate owner, 4x8 machine, ATHC)
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
bobrl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bobrl »

Thanks guys! I will let you know how it goes !! I am excited about working with a CNC machine! Hope there is enough work out there ! Not just signs and art work! Hoping to do burn outs for manufactures and the likes!! Any body doing that ?? Thanks

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”