Settings for 1/2 plate

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Dan Radusinovich
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Settings for 1/2 plate

Post by Dan Radusinovich »

I am trying to cut some ?? plate and I am confused with the settings and getting a good cut
I have a DHC2 with a Hypertherm 1000 Manual torch running DE Advance and would like to know what settings some of you might be using. I am using the settings for a machine torch, with ohmic for height control
60 Amp, 120931 nozzle, 120926 electrode, 120930 shield, 220061 ohmic cap, 120925 swirl ring,
What should I have the settings in DE set at to try, cut speed is set at 27 ipm per manual,
Other settings you would recommend?
Thank you
Dan
Amador Metal Works,
DHC2, Hypertherm 1000, DE Advance
I see spots
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Settings for 1/2 plate

Post by I see spots »

I run a Hypertherm 1000 with Mach3

I use 60amp with .120" pierce height, 1.25 pierce delay, .060" cut height and 20ipm for contours and .50" cut height with 8ipm for holes under 1in.

I get some dross on contours and alot on holes, but the edge is very nice.

bob
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The specs exactly as the manual suggest are as close as you will get to best cut quality and long consumable life. Pierce height of .18", cut height of .o6" (use shielded consumables for mechanized torch (even if you have a hand torch), use the optimum speed listed on the mechanized cut chart.

Jim Colt

Dan Radusinovich wrote:I am trying to cut some ?? plate and I am confused with the settings and getting a good cut
I have a DHC2 with a Hypertherm 1000 Manual torch running DE Advance and would like to know what settings some of you might be using. I am using the settings for a machine torch, with ohmic for height control
60 Amp, 120931 nozzle, 120926 electrode, 120930 shield, 220061 ohmic cap, 120925 swirl ring,
What should I have the settings in DE set at to try, cut speed is set at 27 ipm per manual,
Other settings you would recommend?
Thank you
Dan
Amador Metal Works,
DHC2, Hypertherm 1000, DE Advance
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mdwalker »

I have pretty much the same system, Samson with DE advanced, Hypertherm 1000. When cutting 1/2" or 5/8" plate I turn on the setting "Pause before cutting". When the torch moves to the pierce point I start the pierce. When the pierce completes and before the torch starts the actual cut I immediately hit the stop button, knock the slag off of the top of the plate then hit the start button. This keeps the torch from hanging up on the large slag puddle left on top of the plate when piercing thick plate and helps prolong the consumable life span.

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”