Chain Cut ideas?

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
theoperator
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Chain Cut ideas?

Post by theoperator »

We have a extremely long job to cut and am trying to reduce the amount of starts/stops on my sheet. My programmer is way over booked and am trying to come up with chain cut idea's for him to try since micro editing takes lots of time..

I just need some examples that i can pick up ideas from..
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Chain Cut ideas?

Post by jimcolt »

There are CAM nesting software packages that will automatically nest the number of parts you want as well as applying chain cutting techniques....it takes about 2 to 5 seconds for the good industrial CAM software packages to do this. The best, but not the cheapest, is the CAM Solutions packages....they are owned by Hypertherm. Here is a link to website info: http://www.hypertherm.com/en-us/Product ... _software/

Jim Colt
timberfab
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by timberfab »

Send it too me, as a dxf with the specs, and I'll give you a quote for chaining it together.
theoperator
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by theoperator »

@ Jim :) um we have programmers, can't do that.

@timberfab, u bring up a very good point.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

You are using some sort of CAM software now...I'm just suggesting that you upgrade to a CAM software that has the capability of chain cutting...the programmer will use it and save time....so your programmer will not be overbooked. Chain cutting with the right CAM is easy...and takes no extra time..

Jim Colt

theoperator wrote:@ Jim :) um we have programmers, can't do that.

@timberfab, u bring up a very good point.
theoperator
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by theoperator »

They use a program called sigmanest. This should have chain options right? IDK these guys wouldn't use the option, starting to bother me because my boss asks why im using so many consumables. If i was allowed to use the the program i would dive right in... We keep having post issues too. but ever since i told them we cant do common line chain cuts they've seem to abandon the idea of chain cut all together which is ridiculous... Guys From alltra are with us this week and they seem to agree with me on creating more chain cuts to save our consumable life, and u know its way faster too..

If they have a position anytime for programming i would sign up asap, core draw, and sigmanest + coffee! :)
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The ALLtra guys should be able to show you how to use the Sigma Nest CAM to do chain cutting. It is possible that the Sigmanest version you have does not have that capability....but it could likely be upgraded or you can switch to the Cam Solutions (formerly known as MTC software)...ALLtra carries that software as well.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
theoperator wrote:They use a program called sigmanest. This should have chain options right? IDK these guys wouldn't use the option, starting to bother me because my boss asks why im using so many consumables. If i was allowed to use the the program i would dive right in... We keep having post issues too. but ever since i told them we cant do common line chain cuts they've seem to abandon the idea of chain cut all together which is ridiculous... Guys From alltra are with us this week and they seem to agree with me on creating more chain cuts to save our consumable life, and u know its way faster too..

If they have a position anytime for programming i would sign up asap, core draw, and sigmanest + coffee! :)

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”