aluminum and N2

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
chris hoggard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

aluminum and N2

Post by chris hoggard »

Hi looking for some experience from other members, I have a multicam 3000 with hypertherm HDX 260 it is a new machine for us and just getting used to it, it cuts aluminum real nice on air/air but I notice in the gas selection that there is also a selection for N2/N2 and N2/H35 my question would be, could there really be that much improvement using these process gases, thanks chris
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: aluminum and N2

Post by jimcolt »

The N2/N2 process on your HPR260XD will produce slightly smoother edges...and better weldability as compared to the air/air process on aluminum. Air produces a porous rough edge with some oxidation (on aluminum)....but cuts fast and dross free, and many users think air is less costly than N2 (in reality it is not...as the N2 generally produces better quality).

Jim Colt Hypertherm

chris hoggard wrote:Hi looking for some experience from other members, I have a multicam 3000 with hypertherm HDX 260 it is a new machine for us and just getting used to it, it cuts aluminum real nice on air/air but I notice in the gas selection that there is also a selection for N2/N2 and N2/H35 my question would be, could there really be that much improvement using these process gases, thanks chris
chris hoggard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: aluminum and N2

Post by chris hoggard »

Thanks jim i will hook up the N2 and see the difference chris

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”