Air dryer

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
benval76
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Air dryer

Post by benval76 »

Hello everyone,

I was considering buying a dedicated air dryer for the new Torchmate I have coming. I noticed the ad for the macair dryer. I was hoping some of the people that own them might be able to comment on how well they work.

Thanks, Ben
Rampage48
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Air dryer

Post by Rampage48 »

I just ordered an air dryer from harbour freight I know some of the stuff there is less than great, but I have read a ton of reviews online and from others that are using these and they are working good. Right now they are on sale and if you look around online you can get a coupon for 20% off on top of the sale price.
http://www.harborfreight.com/compressed ... -40211.htm
For a price of around $300 you can't go wrong.
benval76
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by benval76 »

Hey I appreciate the tip. I'll check that out. Thanks
corgster
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by corgster »

ordered a mac airdryer off this site and have been really pleased with it... comes fairly quickly .. ours came ups.. really saves the tips and decreases the dross level.. you cant go wrong with addding an air dryer
benval76
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by benval76 »

After reviewing a couple of different options, I elected to go with the macair unit as well. My table is due to ship out within the next few days. Once we get everything tuned in, we are going to do a couple of test runs to get a better idea of how much improvement there is in cut quality. This will be my first cnc machine. However, I do know that it is imperitave to have clean dry air. I will try to post some results once we get everything up and running. Thank you all for your input.
d bushey
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by d bushey »

Have been looking at dryers for quite some time. Just can't seem to be able to pull the pin on Harbor Freight due to made in China and quality issues. Found these and will be ordering soon. J T Dryers made in U S A with free shipping www.air-options.com/. Hope this helps
Garysbiz
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Garysbiz »

I wished I seen these before I bought my McAir, it seems to work well but much larger and twice the price. d bushey what part of eastern Washington? I live close to Wenatchee
Stout
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Stout »

Pass on anything from Harbor Freight. I picked up a SpeedAir on Craigslist for $200 and am super happy. Had a TP filter and flow issues. Keep and eye open and things do appear. In hindsight, I should have just dropped the dime and bought a chiller and been done with it.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

You might consider checking Ebay. I found one for a good price, Hanikson, used but it functions great.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”