More Farmers markets and shows in October!

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

More Farmers markets and shows in October!

Post by wickedinhere »

Well its getting time for the markets to start again, its so hot down here that they dont have them in the summer months.
They start up again in October and i am signed up for 3, one is a farmers market one is woofstock(dog people) and a arts and crafts festival. I have been cutting alot of different stuff between that and custom orders its hard to keep up but the money is good. lol I hope it stays this way because i am seriously thinking about going full time and selling my lawn service.
cjdauthier
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: More Farmers markets and shows in October!

Post by cjdauthier »

You coming to New Roads? I'll be there in October.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Thats a little far for me.lol
cjdauthier

Post by cjdauthier »

LOL. Where are you located?
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Southwest louisiana.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Well tomorrow we will be the second round for the farmers market, they shut down during the summer months. I had a good time last time hopefully people will be christmas shopping this time.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

WOW I did really good I ended up selling 450.00 and taking 200.00 in orders and handed out about 100 cards.
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

what were people looking at??

We need the skinny :D What did you sell and how much for each??

tire kickers on what???

come on man dont keep us in the dark LOL..
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

My best seller that people were fighting over was a we dont dial 911 sign that i was selling for 45.00. I try to keep most stuff under 45.00 but will bring a few big nice pieces.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Well we did the dog show and it was a total bomb I sold 5 small pieces and took one order we barely broke even.
I was told to expect 2000 people to attend but it wasn't anywhere close to that number. I had paid more than the normal
vendors to get my logo on the t-shirts and event programs just trying to get my name out there. My logo didn't make it on the shirts or program i was pretty mad to say the least. The event was poorly planned and the person running it had more excuses than i could listen too. Lesson learned i am suppose to get a refund so we will see how that goes. I am gonna stick to farmers markets and craft show from now on.
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by trucutcnc »

Breed specific dog shows are a blast! I work with Rescues, and I can tell you they will pay for something custom for their dogs :) Large Breed are my favorite

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Well i just got back from a nice well put together arts and craft show. I ended up selling 600.00 worth of my stock and took another 350.00 in orders. I handed out about 250 cards and made some good contacts. I have another farmers market
next Saturday.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Well we hit another farmers market Saturday it was kinda slow but ended up selling 150.00 of my stock. I also took another 150.00 in orders, I am starting to get alot orders from passing out cards and now taking credit cards with square
has opened us up for more customers.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Well its getting that time of year for me down here in Louisiana. The farmers markets are starting up and i have been cutting like crazy trying to get ready. Is anyone else getting ready for the markets?
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I am too getting ready for this season. Ive been to a few shows already. I must have miss understood what shows i signed up for. My last one i was surrounded by blue jeans, jewelry and chocolate. Wasnt the place for me :?
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

wickedinhere wrote:Well its getting that time of year for me down here in Louisiana. The farmers markets are starting up and i have been cutting like crazy trying to get ready. Is anyone else getting ready for the markets?
This morning our local market sent out their information sheet and registration form.
It's our second season, as we are a spin-off from the traditional Friday market. Small town politics. :(

Markets will start on June 13th and run through September 26th.
The big change this year is over curb-side and 'on the green' spaces. They have decided to charge more for vendors who want (or need) to be on the curb due to their trailers or bulk of products to be set up. I don't have a lot of stuff but it's damned heavy, as you all can relate to. Last year there was a woman who insisted that she had to have a street-side spot for her three baskets of home-made dog biscuits!

Here is the new fee schedule;
We are reaching out to you with some Early Bird Sign Up Discounts!
To those who can be on the green (off the curb) we would like to offer you the chance to Save Some Green on the Green! You can pay $80 before April 15 and then you can attend as many of our 16 markets as you would like, but you will have to set up on the green, no setting up on the curb with a vehicle/trailer. Any market that you make over $200 we would then ask that you pay the regular 5% of sales.

For those who need to have curb space we would like to offer you something as well. If you pay $130 before April 15 you receive a $10 discount at each market. So if you are on the curb and sell less than $200 for the day you would not have to pay anything. If you sell over $200 you will get to subtract $10 from your 5% of sales that you will owe the market. If you have paid $130 and are moved onto the green to help open up curb space for other vendors then your cost will be adjusted accordingly. Paying the $130 does not guarantee you curb space
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I had one place try to take a % . I told them that no one pays for my time and material but me. I told them i would like a % of there overall market take-in if they feel its in there right to charge me a % even tho i paid my (expensive)booth fees. Only time will i "donate" a % is when im able to make the check out to the charitable source. Not to a particular person.

(sigh) Back to work i guess
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

I understand your position, JJ.
If this was another type of organization I'd be more like you.
But we are a group of vendors who were priced out of the 'Official' market by profit oriented and city-backed polititians.

All of our board members are volunteers and the money is used for advertising, marketing, insurance and park rental fees.

I don't worry too much about it at $10/week. I've never sold enough at any market to get into the percentage thing.
They don't count special orders generated at the market as a sale, even though the order is taken at the market and delivered at the next one, in most cases.

It's the cheapest advertising there is, for me. My background is managing/working the vendor areas at motorcycle rallys. One hellava difference, I can tell ya! The bikers are a lot more fun than the uptight soccer moms. :o
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Man it's been non stop just when i think i might get a break "bam" more orders between that and the markets i have been pretty busy. I have been think about getting a small enclosed trailer but i am waiting to see how this first market goes then i will make up my mind.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

We did out first market of the year yesterday and it went pretty good even with the temps in the 30's and wind blowing 15MPH. LOL we ended up selling 250.00 worth of stock and took 150.00 in orders and that was pretty good considering
it was really slow.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Well the markets have closed till October we did pretty good overall, now its time to start making stuff for the shows at the end of the year and the Christmas rush. I have a couple of new shows to hit at the end of the year that should be pretty good. I have a feeling that Christmas this year is gonna super busy $$$$$$$$$. :D
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Hello Wicked . . .

I sent you a PM . . .

Thanks,
Steve :D

wickedinhere wrote:Well the markets have closed till October we did pretty good overall, now its time to start making stuff for the shows at the end of the year and the Christmas rush. I have a couple of new shows to hit at the end of the year that should be pretty good. I have a feeling that Christmas this year is gonna super busy $$$$$$$$$. :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”