What table to buy help - Swiftcut Pro CNC Plasma

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Cfordengservices
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

What table to buy help - Swiftcut Pro CNC Plasma

Post by Cfordengservices »

Hi all new to this forum Im hoping for help and sugestions .Im 22 and run a small buisness in central scotland doing various fabrication jobs from 4x4 winch bumpers roll cages ,farm repairs buckets feed rails and on the cleaner side of life i also do custom audio visual bracketry for av companys.I currently have a thermal dynamics cutmaster 10 which i bought about 18 months ago which has been a great piece of kit to me and saved me alot of time and money in cutting wheels .

The problem i have hit now is my buisness is stuck in a rut of doing the same jobs day in day out as i work alone and havent got the time myself to take on high production jobs ,I often get asked could you make 100 of this or that and for me to stand and cut all the parts needed would not be worth the time or money .
My eyes were opened when i seen the swiftcut pro cnc plasma at the royal highland show last year and thought mmmm this could be what i need iv been thinking about the idea for some time now and have decided its defo the way to go but i have no experience of cnc machines .

The swift cut pro offers an 8x4 table which is what i need at a fairly reasonable price of round about ?16k but am i getting my moneys worth or is it just a waste of time, what is the best starter table out there ? I always buy everything better than what i need to make room for my buisness exspanding and it seems to have paid off for me so far but this has got me stumped what else is out there

I buy material in 8x4 sheets and would be cutting 10mm regularly but would like the option of 15-20mm depending on price differance .Im not too into computers so basic software would be nice.What table would be best?

Any help and advice would be appreciated greatly as i really am new to the cnc game thanks Callum
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: What table to buy help!!!!!

Post by twicecustom »

I looked at there site, looks to be a well constructed table. I would go for the water table, it makes things way cleaner, otherwise you are going to have massive amounts of smoke to deal with, its worth the extra money. If you are hand cutting things now, it will make things way easier and faster- nicer with the CNC, If you have the business to keep busy, it shouldn't take too long to pay off the initial investment.Plus the patterns are stored so its easy to recall a part to make. Plus when you get your name out there, more business will follow. The Powermax85 will pierce 20mm on the CNC. If you are planning on cutting that thick you should get the bigger plasma. I'm not sure what other brands are over there, but I'm sure more people will chime in. Thats my .02
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman
SSCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SSCNC »

Come check out our systems, we have great options available at fair prices

http://WWW.ShopSabre.COM

Look forward to assisting you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check out Shop Sabre and the other manufacturers who advertise at the top pages of our site. They will be happy to help you, just click on there ads to visit thier site and contact them. :D
Cfordengservices
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cfordengservices »

Hi thanks for replys I found your website amongst others on the net Im getting through a large list of companys calling them to see exactly what they offer .
Had a good chat with wizard cnc in south yorkshire today he seems very down to earth and willing to help. He has an 8x4 foot water table package with a hypertherm 85 the only thing he doesnt include in the package is a computer monitor a mouse and a keyboard (not too big a deal really) His table looks basically the same as all the lower cost units and is coming in around 2 3rds of the price inc delivery which has impressed me alot so far ,just waiting on more quotes getting emailed ?
What do you guys think of mach 3 and sheetcam software has anyone heard of it and is it good enough software to get me started and do most of the common practices ??
Reading through the forum has really helped me understand alot more about this type of machine again thanks for all your help so far and im sure I'll think of more questions.
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by twicecustom »

I run Mach3 with Sheet Cam on my table I built. It takes a little bit to get it running perfect, but it is very good for the price, you still need a drawing program to draw the parts. Talk to Shop Sabre and see what it would cost to get a table shipped to the UK. It might not be too bad.
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman
Hoodsy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: What table to buy help - Swiftcut Pro CNC Plasma

Post by Hoodsy »

Hi I own the swift cut pro great machine advice though buy the down draft table they supply the extraction and it’s not a lot more expensive than the water table it’s less mess and hse are big on bacteria in the water so it’s got to be cleaned regularly
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: What table to buy help - Swiftcut Pro CNC Plasma

Post by adbuch »

It's easy enough to just add some anti-bacterial solution to the water table - problem solved. I would definitely recommend the water table over the down draft.
David

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”