Hypertherm Powermax 65 CNC Wiring

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Kobus@katinka
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm Powermax 65 CNC Wiring

Post by Kobus@katinka »

Hi there. I am looking to purchase a Hypertherm 65 plasma, but it does not have a machine torch. I have a Acumove 3 cnc and the current power source (cutmaster 101) was damaged. How would I be able to connect the Hypertherm to the Acumove 3. If someone could help, please.

regards
Kobus
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm Powermax 65

Post by acourtjester »

If the Acumove controller has a cabel that goes to the Cutmaster is should be the same on the Hypertherm. These seem to be generic for CNC connections. If you are buying new you can select a hyperthern kit with either torch or both, I have bought 3 Hypertherm kits with both torches, one for the table and one for hand cutting.
hypertherm 65.JPG
hypertherm 65.JPG (25.53 KiB) Viewed 444 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Kobus@katinka
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Kobus@katinka »

Thank you very much. I wil contact Hypertherm to make sure about the connection.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

If your Cutmaster 101 has a cnc port (maybe it is hardwired), the pinout is different than the Hypertherm pinout. All the wires you need are there but the location in the plug are not the same. Tom has posted above the correct pinout for the Powermax 65 which will help. Below is the pinout for the 101 fom what I can find.
101.PNG
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm Powermax 65 CNC Wiring

Post by jimcolt »

Make sure you buy the Powermax65 equipped with the CPC port.....generally if you buy the Powermax equipped with the machine torch it will have the CPC port, if bought without a machine torch then the CPC can be easily added in the field. The CPC port with have start signal on pins 3 and 4 (just like the cut master) and arc voltage feedback on pins 5 and 6, and arc transferred (some call it OK to move) on pins 12 and 14. Jim Colt

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”