iNKSCAPE 1.3.2 NEW UPDATE

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Patriot Steel
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

iNKSCAPE 1.3.2 NEW UPDATE

Post by Patriot Steel »

Hey guys,
Is anyone using the new update of inscape and if so are there any issues with it.
Thanks
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: iNKSCAPE 1.3.2 NEW UPDATE

Post by adbuch »

I am still using version 1.2.2, but have seen some complaints at the Inkscape facebook groups with regards to problems and instability with the newer 1.3 versions.

David
Patriot Steel
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Patriot Steel »

Ok thanks i'll stay with 1.2
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

I run 1.3.2 under Linux and its not any more unstable than most other complex graphical programs.
don't use Windows so can't comment on it running under that. One of the things you need is to assign the auto backup to a location that is easier to find.

Versions of CorelDraw up to X18 tended to blow up when you saved a large multiple page document and corrupted the file to the point it was unusable AND the auto backup it creates was a copy of that same corrupted file . You learned NEVER to work on a master file your work often and save it to alternating files so you had something to go back to and at least start the rework.

I have had Inkscape 1.3 blow up a couple of times but never corrupted the file and usually let me recover from the auto backup.

I use it for doing 2D drafting for CNC work but also for mechanical drawings and illustrations for manuals and even web images and ads. Every release has helped me with better workflow. Its easy to get intimidated by all of the tools and all of the stuff you can do.

Its got an improved PDF import and export that handles the Fonts better.

If they ever get the movable origin /ruler zeros, it will have 100% of everything you need. For now the Construction Lines and suing Duplicate with an offset works good .

Return to “Inkscape”