CNC demos ok but doesn't complete final cut

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
belfi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

CNC demos ok but doesn't complete final cut

Post by belfi »

Hi there,

Have just installed a new Herocut plasma and torch to our Remax CNC table and Fangling controller, after issues with our previous ones

We are just having one final issue with the setup. In testing basic shapes from the inbuilt library on the controller, it will only cut 3 sides of a square. (We have done this successfully with the previous plasma and the same controller).

We have tested a number of other shapes now and when there no lead outs, the final cut of any shape doesn't happen (eg only 2 sides of a triangle cut, a circle just pierced but doesn't cut at all since one large arc, the final line on a cross doesn't cut), but if lead outs are on the final cut of the shape will happen (eg all 3 sides of the triangle cut, a circle will cut, a cross will complete etc) but the lead out doesn't appear to cut at all (the lead in does). We have attempted the same cuts a few times each with exactly the same results each time. The only shape we can't get to complete with lead outs on is a square it just won't cut the last straight line including the lead out.

This leads me to believe the final cut is not happening for some reason regardless of what we are trying to cut. It appears the plasma torch is turning off before the motor makes the final movement.

I have attached some photos of the test cuts. I can add the G-Code to this post in the morning, but I don't think this is the problem as the same inbuilt shape & G-Code worked with our previous plasma and torch.

Has anyone had this happen or have any ideas of what to look at? Help please!!

Many thanks

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CNC demos ok but doesn't complete final cut

Post by acourtjester »

When the incomplete square is cut does the torch move as to cut the last leg?? you may have a problem in the fire signal circuit (broken wire, bad connection). and this is why the torch quits. Be sure the connecter is tight and try cutting a straight line and wiggle the cable to the plasma unit.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CNC demos ok but doesn't complete final cut

Post by weldguy »

This does seem strange since it sounds as though the only thing you changed was the plasma cutter.

No other settings or anything were changed at the same time?

Not familiar with your plasma cutter but does it show you any error lights when this happens?

Tom could be right however since you state it stops n the exact same place every time, and only when no lead outs are present it leads me to believe that is not the case.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”