budget/reasonably priced plasma cutter (UK)

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
shakysteve
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

budget/reasonably priced plasma cutter (UK)

Post by shakysteve »

Hi All,

I have been building a CNC plasma cutting table based on plans from JD garage.

I would have bought the cutter that they recommend but it does not look to be available in the uk - LOTOS LTP5500D.

I have gone round in circles looking at various models,

Ideally im after something around the 500 pound mark non HF/blowback start and CNC ready - does anyone have any recommendations?

Steve
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: budget/reasonably priced plasma cutter (UK)

Post by DieselFumes »

Hey Steve

I think 500 gbp works out to 650ish usd so this may be a little more than your looking to spend but check out the Everlast 52i if it's available in your area. I chose it over Hypertherm purely on the fact that I could not afford a Hypertherm and it has worked well for me.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/welding ... sma-cutter

they run discounts at various times of the year, 5% to 10% off... if you get on the phone you may be able to negotiate a discount at a different time of the year, if you mention you will wait for the discount or if they can match it now

what controller and software are you intending to run?
PlasmaDon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaDon »

shakysteve
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by shakysteve »

Thanks for the replies everyone I will have a look at the suggestions.
robertspark wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:50 am https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/welding ... sma-cutter

they run discounts at various times of the year, 5% to 10% off... if you get on the phone you may be able to negotiate a discount at a different time of the year, if you mention you will wait for the discount or if they can match it now

what controller and software are you intending to run?
Thanks, I was intending to use fusion 360 for the software and an open builds controller (the same as is used by JD garage) this was purley so if I required support from them im not adding an uneeded layer of complexity.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”