Wright CNC plasma Z and Y axis mixed up

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
mrzimmerman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Wright CNC plasma Z and Y axis mixed up

Post by mrzimmerman »

I picked up a wright cnc plasma table its running mach3 2.0 and just got it all set up and leveled but when I put power to the unit it doesn't do as it did before moving it. The up arrow only works one of the motors on the Y access and page up works the other motor on the Y access. Left and Right works the Z access. and I can't get it to work x access. Everything is plugged in the correct ports and ideas where the problem sits?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wright CNC plasma

Post by adbuch »

Sounds like you've got some of the connectors for the motors switched around (not plugged into the correct locations).
David
acourtjester

Re: Wright CNC plasma

Post by acourtjester »

Yes sir David hit the nail on the head, do not make changes with power on or you will blow something. Start with one axis and retrace the wiring and use the keyboard for moving it. When you have that correct move on to the next one. Trying to correct it all at once will just confuse you, and things will take longer.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wright CNC plasma Z and Y axis mixed up

Post by weldguy »

Listen to these guys, I am confident this is your issue. Very important as Tom said TO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING WITH THE POWER ON your day and your problems could get much worse.
mrzimmerman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mrzimmerman »

Now I got the x port does nothing I plug the x into the z and it moves smooth but still no motion with the Z for page up and down. I’ve traced all the lines and everything is correct. Also when I plug in motor A it does some weird stuff like only driving one of the motors on the Y access. And page up and down moves one of the motors on the Y access.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

I know you say all the wires are hooked correct however if page up and down is driving one of the Y axis motors then I would say it is not unless you have muuuuch deeper issues. As you know page up and down should drive the Z axis up and down, the simple solution is to power down, unplug the Y motor that is responding to page up and down commands and plug the Z axis motor into that driver. Now page up and down will drive the Z axis and you only have 3 more motors to figure out.
mrzimmerman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mrzimmerman »

I found out the issue one of the drivers is bad and I had to reset the program date back a week and everything is working correctly now not sure what changed in the move.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

If you reload an old configuration file and it works fine then the problem was the software being told the wrong pin locations for the motors.
Good you got it working again.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”