Messer Multitherm Circle Quality

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
GMango
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Messer Multitherm Circle Quality

Post by GMango »

Hi,

We have a Messer Plasma Cutting Table Multitherm (manufacture in Brazel), we encounter burning true hole problem, please see attach picture.
all the holes that the machine burn are a little oblong, believe to be a pressure issue but got that fix, and was told it might be a linear bearing we also got that fix. but it is still Oblong, was wondering if anyone have experience with Messer Plasma on True Holes. G-code T23 (true Hole or Interior Cut) is in the program. if anyone experience plasma cutting holes like below please help. or any information it be appreciated.
Holes not Round.jpeg
I am in Contact with the Brazil Tech Support from Messer on a different Issue that the machine isn't reading Arc Voltage properly while it is burning its reading or displaying negative Volt (See picture below)
Voltage.JPG
Thank You
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Messer Multitherm Circle Quality

Post by acourtjester »

the hole shows the table has a axis movement problem, most likely a loose gear or drive assembly. To me it shows when you change direction on either then X or Y drive it slips slightly. and when the axis changes the direction again it slips again see attached image.
bad hole.JPG
bad hole.JPG (47.12 KiB) Viewed 666 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I am with Tom, something must be loose. With the system powered up the motors should be locked up at which point you can go to one side of the gantry and gently try to move it back and forth and see if it moves or wiggles at all. Do the same for the other side of the gantry and then again for the x axis. Chances are you will find one of the 3 motor locations are loose.
GMango
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by GMango »

Thank you Both for the reply, i will try to move the machine tomorrow. the X Axis is where i did not inspect. which does make sense to why it always over travel when trying to Home Axis the machine, we just power off machine and push it back about 20 mm then it will Home Axis the machine.

Thank You
GMango
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by GMango »

acourtjester wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:44 pm the hole shows the table has a axis movement problem, most likely a loose gear or drive assembly. To me it shows when you change direction on either then X or Y drive it slips slightly. and when the axis changes the direction again it slips again see attached image.
bad hole.JPG
weldguy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:06 pm I am with Tom, something must be loose. With the system powered up the motors should be locked up at which point you can go to one side of the gantry and gently try to move it back and forth and see if it moves or wiggles at all. Do the same for the other side of the gantry and then again for the x axis. Chances are you will find one of the 3 motor locations are loose.
Thank you both for the Idea, was able to fix the hole problem. the Y-Axis Mount was a little out of alignment, have to disassembly to inspect and realign it back into the holder. was able to cut True Holes again.

Thank You
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Great to hear. Always nice when its a free fix just too bad you didn't catch that sooner. Thanks for posting back :Like
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Thanks for the reply, it may help other members in the future too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”