help with a drawing pretty please

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

help with a drawing pretty please

Post by parrotlady »

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this drawing. I have included the original image that was just photocopied and scanned. Beside it is what I have manually done so far. For the life of me I can figure out how to weld a small rectangle beside the eye, so it doesnt fall out. I am having problems welding other images as well. For some reason a variety of things happen, but mostly a section of the drawing just disappears. Also, could anyone help me space the dogs evenly so there will be enough metal to support the image?

Thanks so much
April
PS - I doubt if there are a ton of wolfhound fans out there, but I just wanted to say that unfortunately I can share the file because the artist has it copyrighted and I had to get special permission to use this for a customer.
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: help with a drawing pretty please

Post by parrotlady »

oops, I forgot to send the drawing.. the file was too large with the photocopy so I had to delete it.. but I think you can get the idea with what I have done. Thanks in advance!

April

Okay, now it wont let me send a cmx file.. one sec while I convert it...
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

another attempt
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

there are 3 dogs, the upper right is a control curve, the other 2 are clones

select a clone then hit arrange/break-apart then arrange/combine, then do the other clone, then the control curve becomes a plain curve when there are no more clones, then you can weld on them.

while there are clones, you can change the master curve, and it changes the clones, or you can change a clone without affecting the master, but you cannot use compund operations like welding on cloned objects.
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

Thanks Gary, I will give that a try! I might have to take a break for a bit first.. I am about to throw this computer out the window! ;)
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

I fixed it for ya, it may not be the same scale, and I had some trouble and slightly repositioned the dogs relative to the outer circle so it's not arranged exactly the same....
Last edited by SignTorch Vector Art on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

OMG! Thank you Gary!! That is perfect!

this lady is my first customer, and she is BRUTAL! I did HOURS of stuff for her and she keeps sending it back saying "i dont like the head on this one, or, the head is too blocky etc..." THEN she wanted to a trade for Rekie (sp?) on my dog!!! This is going to work great... here you go and have a nice day (insert door slamming) LOL!

Thank you, thank you!

PS - if you were ever making a new CD, I would hereby like to prepay you for an English horse scene CD... There is a huge demand for jumping, riding, etc... but english style.

You are my favorite Gary!

(PS - how do you remove a post because I really should remove mine for copyright reasons?)

THANK YOU!!
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

oh look at that, I think my brain cells are multiplying... I removed the post all by myself i think ;)
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

parrotlady wrote:how do you remove a post
If there's an X button to the right of the title, that will delete the whole post. Apparently only the very last post in a thread can be deleted, so sometimes all you can do is edit a post if it is not last.
post_buttons.gif
post_buttons.gif (2.09 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
parrotlady wrote:this lady is my first customer, and she is BRUTAL
I can sure sympathize with the difficulty and aggrivation of working with customers, and computers, and vector art, and metal all at the same time. Yikes....
parrotlady wrote:There is a huge demand for jumping, riding, etc... but english style.
I believe you, I actually have that on my list....
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

Thanks again Gary! I will post a pic when I cut it out. Looking forward to that new CD :D

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”