hypertherm 130xd hpr help

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
donn92
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

hypertherm 130xd hpr help

Post by donn92 »

I am hoping someone can help me out here my boss just purchased a retro systems cnc plasma it is equipt with a hypertherm 130xd hpr It is designed to cut up to 1" plate and the company sent us some artwork dxf files and my boss is now hooked on cutting stuff for our customers my question is this is there fine cut consumables that can help us get more persicion in our cuts to do more detailed files
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm 130xd hpr help

Post by jimcolt »

The Finecut consumables that are available on our Powermax systems were designed using some of the advanced technology from our Hydefinition systems, like your HPR130XD. Your machine will cut circles around an air plasma! You can get 30 , 50, 70 and 100 amp consumables, and you use oxygen as the plasma gas and air as the shield gas.

I suggest contacting Retro Systems (OEM builder of precision cnc machines) and ask for training on your equipment. Your machine will produce far superior cut quality as compared to an air plasma on a light industrial table.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

donn92 wrote:I am hoping someone can help me out here my boss just purchased a retro systems cnc plasma it is equipt with a hypertherm 130xd hpr It is designed to cut up to 1" plate and the company sent us some artwork dxf files and my boss is now hooked on cutting stuff for our customers my question is this is there fine cut consumables that can help us get more persicion in our cuts to do more detailed files
donn92
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by donn92 »

thanks for your reply I have been trained but unfortunately some of the files say kerf to large and when we remove the kerf it says still to large also we are rying to cut precision parts and our old machine a burny saber cut with a hypertherm 1625 I believe has fine cut consumables which do a great job but we want to do the same on our new machine
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Kerf too large is probably a fault with a setting on your CAM software (ProNest?) I would recommend contacting their tech service...they can help you solve that issue. You may have kerf set in both the CNC and the CAM.....

Jim Colt Hypertherm
donn92
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by donn92 »

yes we are using pronest

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”