Using the Hypertherm Powermax 45 Remote Pendant

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
bigdipper
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Using the Hypertherm Powermax 45 Remote Pendant

Post by bigdipper »

I have a plasma cnc with a Hypertherm Powermax 45 plasma with a machine torch. I have several 2X4 pieces of 12 gauge steel that I would like to cut out the good steel that it left after cutting plasma art to salvage the unused pieces of metal for later use on smaller projects. What is the best way to make these cuts. I was thinking that the remote pendant might be a way to make those cuts. Looking for something that is simple to just scrap out these pieces of metal. Would appreciate your ideas on this subject. Thanks in advance I use mach 3 software with THC on my cnc.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Using the Hypertherm Powermax 45 Remote Pendant

Post by tnbndr »

I have a hand torch also for my PM45. To cut up skeletons I just unplug the machine torch and plug in the hand torch and start cutting. This is the most convenient way that I can think of.
If you have your sheet laid out in CAD, after cutting you could go back to the CAD layout and turn all your cut stuff to a layer that won't cut and then layout the areas you want to save with rectangles to cut, import to SheetCam, process and cut. As long as you are at the same 0,0 that you started with it should be good. A little more time consuming but should work.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Using the Hypertherm Powermax 45 Remote Pendant

Post by _Ogre »

mach3 has a shape wizard that i use occasionally to cut off selvage on 10ga and thicker steel
just make a 48x1 rectangle in the direction you want to go and shut it off at the edge of the sheet
for thin stuff we use the xbox pendant and manually turn on/off the torch
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”