continues cutting after complete during high speed move?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
dichdoc
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

continues cutting after complete during high speed move?

Post by dichdoc »

So, I'm an old Plasma Cam user helping a friend set up his new ArcLight table. We were playing with it last night and could import a dxf into sheetcam and save to gcode and import that to Mach3 and it would cut the program fine but at the end it would go into a rapid travel move and continue to cut. Any thoughts? We weren't truly zeroing the table like I'm used to we were just referencing off the sheet. I learned how to zero it this morning. Travis
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: continues cutting after complete during high speed move?

Post by acourtjester »

Look at the end of the G-code to see if there is an M5 command to shut the torch off. It should be about 2 to 3 lines above the end. It could be the post processor that was used in Sheetcam. Did the routine have move then one cut and this only happened on the last cut? More info needed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
dichdoc

Re: continues cutting after complete during high speed move?

Post by dichdoc »

I'll have to check the code this weekend. It did it on two files I imported through sheet cam. One was a simple outline then it rapid cut through the middle of it and ran 18" up the sheet the second had three pierces and finished the outline then cut at high speed again. Watched a bunch of sheet cam and mach3 videos today. Starting to get a grasp on it I think.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”