Hpertherm Plasma cutters drop in price!

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Hpertherm Plasma cutters drop in price!

Post by Black Forest »

Looking at Powermax 85 here in Germany and the price has dropped by nearly 1/3. They have gone from 6000+ Euros to 4000 Euros! I wonder why?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hpertherm Plasma cutters drop in price!

Post by jimcolt »

There are no changes in pricing from Hypertherm, local dealers and currency exchange rates control the price...

Jim Colt
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

jimcolt wrote:There are no changes in pricing from Hypertherm, local dealers and currency exchange rates control the price...

Jim Colt
Whew! I'm glad to hear that! I had my newly purchased PM 85 shipped to Bulltear for the table he's building...I was going to be annoyed if the price tanked before I ever saw the thing! Lol
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

And with that you get what you pay for."QUALITY"
Jim
urbnsr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by urbnsr »

..and you also get consistency, benefit of R&D, and all the support from Jim Colt et al. It really sucks after you "saved" on another brand and when you have a question, the dealer isn't available. And it's a bonus if you have a welding shop nearby that carrier Hypertherm, you have support from them, too.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

When all is said and done....you pay more to purchase a Hypertherm but as you figure in operating cost over time.....it ultimately is far less expensive. Cost of ownership includes purchase price, operating cost (consumables, air, electricity), repairs and maintenance, savings associated with superior cut quality (grinding and rework time, scrap losses, etc.), and even resale value (how much is a "no name" import going to be worth in 5 years......now try to buy a 5 year old Hypertherm!)

These are all part of the cost of plasma cutting. Kind of like getting the best interest rate on a house.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
gary42095
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by gary42095 »

i would like to add, for some on this site at least. made in america, which when i can, i like to buy
davek0974
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by davek0974 »

I can attest to the resale value retention, I recently sold my little 30xp after a year of CNC usage ;) ;) and recovered about 88% of the cost. :D
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

No thanks I'm happy with the 3 hypertherms I have.
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

Those consumables look familiar. Possibly you copied a design that had years worth of R&D to keep your prices low?
How about warranty and customer service that can communicate effectively with? No local dealer for parts or service? Have fun shipping everything back to China.
No thanks
Buy nice, not twice.
AngelBlade wrote:
james.davis wrote:And with that you get what you pay for."QUALITY"
Jim
Maybe we can choose some other brand which is more economical and also in high quality.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
davek0974
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by davek0974 »

AngelBlade wrote:
btburn wrote: If you have cutting requirements for mass production, you can try to know AngelBlade. But if what you need is low-load working, Hypertherm will be better.

LOL, since my entry into plasma cutting, i now know two other shops and both have Hypertherm, both work their tables hard, all day every day, both had started with inferior power supplies years ago, both have never looked back.

I myself started with a non Hypertherm supply, It was so bad it nearly caused me to give up on the dream of owning a cnc table, the last chance i had was to buy Hypertherm, I have never looked back and am now on my second, larger unit.

If i needed another unit, i would not waste time trying other brands, its more cost effective to buy quality.
Bobcat320
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Bobcat320 »

davek0974 wrote:
AngelBlade wrote:
btburn wrote: If you have cutting requirements for mass production, you can try to know AngelBlade. But if what you need is low-load working, Hypertherm will be better.

LOL, since my entry into plasma cutting, i now know two other shops and both have Hypertherm, both work their tables hard, all day every day, both had started with inferior power supplies years ago, both have never looked back.

I myself started with a non Hypertherm supply, It was so bad it nearly caused me to give up on the dream of owning a cnc table, the last chance i had was to buy Hypertherm, I have never looked back and am now on my second, larger unit.

If i needed another unit, i would not waste time trying other brands, its more cost effective to buy quality.
Davek0974 - you said EXACTLY what I was going to say! If I had started with the Hypertherm PM65 I have now instead of the little Miller I had I would not have had the huge frustrations in the beginning.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hyperthem PM65
Edwards 25T Ironworker
Miller Mig, Tig, Stick & Portable

Why pierce it when you can punch it!
davek0974
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by davek0974 »

Yep, my only regret was not going straight for the PM45 first-off :D

I wasted a considerable amount of time and cash messing with a non-hypertherm system back in the early days, the day i got the 30XP installed was a revelation, hours of testing, modifying and hardening my system against RF etc all vanished and it just started working, perfectly. No way I would ever look at another brand really.
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

davek0974 wrote:Yep, my only regret was not going straight for the PM45 first-off :D

I wasted a considerable amount of time and cash messing with a non-hypertherm system back in the early days, the day i got the 30XP installed was a revelation, hours of testing, modifying and hardening my system against RF etc all vanished and it just started working, perfectly. No way I would ever look at another brand really.
Exactly, I started with a Miller. The Miller was a fine machine but it wasn't designed with any CNC use in mind just afterthought.

I'm happy with my Hypertherm.

I wouldn't waste money on something I can't get service or good support on.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

Just as a side note, the original poster chaneed the quotes and made it look like I was saying his product was superior. I didn't make this statements. I love my hypertherm and would never buy that Chinese knock off stuff.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”