AHHHH once again.

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

AHHHH once again.

Post by wickedinhere »

I know this guy who has asked me to make several pieces for him but he never pulls the trigger. He contacted me a few days ago about another piece real simple so i cut a few samples to send him FOR FREE to make sure they would work for his application. Well i was going to mail him the samples
tomorrow and i get a message saying that he found a guy at his church that said he would cut as many as he needed FOR FREE. I can't imagine anyone cutting stuff for free this guy wanted 40 pieces and i figured 2 dollars each. I wont deal with this guy anymore because its just a waste of time for me. I don't waste people's time but people sure like to waste mine.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: AHHHH once again.

Post by CNCCAJUN »

wickedinhere wrote:I know this guy who has asked me to make several pieces for him but he never pulls the trigger. He contacted me a few days ago about another piece real simple so i cut a few samples to send him FOR FREE to make sure they would work for his application. Well i was going to mail him the samples
tomorrow and i get a message saying that he found a guy at his church that said he would cut as many as he needed FOR FREE. I can't imagine anyone cutting stuff for free this guy wanted 40 pieces and i figured 2 dollars each. I wont deal with this guy anymore because its just a waste of time for me. I don't waste people's time but people sure like to waste mine.
He never pulls the trigger because he is waiting for that super price, ZERO . . . :D

Wicked I thought you just did artsy type stuff . . .

Steve :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

I normally only do artsy stuff but i had a sheet of 1/8 that had just enough space to do his order. I figured it was simple and could use this piece i have had forever but i guess not.LOL
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Speaking of artsy, do you paint or powder coat.

Curious since we share the same climate.

I'm building a 6X10 paint booth.

How do you finish?

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

Maybe it works this way....Mr. Church Guy will do the CUTTING for free, and just make him pay for the material. So his total price will be a low, low $3 per unit. :mrgreen:
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

LOL yeah that free stuff normally cost you more in the long run.
Steve when i started out i painted all my stuff but its way easier to powder coat which is what i do.
Here is my thread about my setup.
http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=6398

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”