Revamped my workstation!

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Revamped my workstation!

Post by Oldsarge »

Since I'm upgrading to the PM 85 and DTHC IV I decided it was time to unclutter the workstation and mad cabling monster that's been growing for the last 2 years! I've had this Harbor freight rollaway tool box for a number of years now, and it's just become a catch-all lately, so I cleaned it out and gave it a good wipe-down. HF had this side cabinet on sale, and since it had a little dent, got an extra $50 off, so it cost $149!

Also ordered this little Lenovo SFF computer from Ebay for $70 delivered, and it's been working like a champ! loaded a version of XP Pro with everything disabled and it works amazingly well.... And it fits perfectly in the side cabinet. I like it so much I ordered another one as a backup that I'll stack in the side cabinet and run Corel on it... thus the 2 monitors!

Now to set about dialing in the DTHC IV and get back to cutting!

Oldsarge
20140818_172031.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Revamped my workstation!

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Looks great, don't forget filtered cooling fans . . .

Pulling in & pushing out . .. :)

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

If you would like to have more room on your table check this out. I got one over a year ago and no problems yet! :lol:
2 computers - 1 keyboard - 1 mouse - 1 monitor - 1 set of speakers, just push a button to go from one computer to the other, takes about the count of two to change.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... P-_-03ship

Larry
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

I was wondering about using a KVM but wasn't too sure about switching between the Mach control box and the other computer... I'll check it out, there's a slew of them available, the one you linked to is out of stock!

Doing some pretty good cuts today, but haven't played around with the THC IV yet... Need to get some jobs out before I dive into that!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”