Price thoughts

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
KeeYaw
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Price thoughts

Post by KeeYaw »

Curious what yall would charge for something like this. Marlin is 36x48x1/8 Aluminum. Cut, clean and brush finish. Made this for sister n law and now other people want it but not sure what a fair price is.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Price thoughts

Post by beefy »

Love to know how many of those other people still want it when you give them a fair price :lol:

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

Going to really depend on if your considering the rest of the material that it was cut from in the price. Yes, you will use it eventually, but till then you will be storing it as well. Figure in all time to load, draw, clean and make ready out the door at your shop rate then put that price on it.. Is what it is, most won't like it. So cut them a smaller version. Smaller is cheaper :lol:

I have learned that it's all fun and games till the bills come in..
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
KeeYaw
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by KeeYaw »

Well, this is what I did. I gave them a price of $175. I purchased the file and materials are $75. Apparently its a fair or maybe low price because they all still want one. :D
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

That's really good to hear, very happy for you. I'd be pretty happy with that margin, especially when there's several of them to do.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”