Shipping

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
exceptional
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Shipping

Post by exceptional »

Is there a way to nail down shipping cost. I am taking the weight of my product and adding $4.00 (box and packing cost) to determine the total shipping cost. The UPS guy says I should charge a standard $20.00 but I don't see me selling any product with shipping that high when my product may cost $30.00 - $45.00 weighing 1 lbs. I have used the standard shipping cost for coast to coast charges. According to that schedule, 1 lbs (16 oz) cost $6.51 for coast to coast shipping. I would charge approx $10.00. Does that sound right? Help is always appreciated.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Shipping

Post by tnbndr »

Check out USPS Flat Rate box sizes to see if your product will fit in one of the sizes. The boxes ship for a flat rate no matter the weight.
Otherwise you will know shipping costs once you ship one out and that is your cost to charge for all the others. Another method is to offer free shipping and build the shipping cost into the price of your product. Everyone loves free shipping.!!
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
exceptional
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Shipping

Post by exceptional »

Thanks, I will check out the flat rate, seems easiest.

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”