Need ideas on a bar top...

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Need ideas on a bar top...

Post by Oldsarge »

We were asked for a quote on a bar top in a local club... 3 sided bar, each side is approx. 21' long, swirled to look like stainless, 1/8" cold rolled, with approx. 1.2" lip around the entire perimeter to facilitate pouring epoxy for the finish. I have a number in mind, excluding material and installation, what would you charge for the fabrication alone?

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need ideas on a bar top...

Post by plain ol Bill »

A bucket full of tightly packed $100 bills :shock: . What kind of joints where the three sides meet would be a large consideration for me on pricing.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Need ideas on a bar top...

Post by Shane Warnick »

hard to give a firm number too many unknowns, (make it three pieces, or three pieces per side? Angle iron for lip, or strap welded on? type of joint at corners, 90 degree or 2x45 degree? how will it be mounted, tabs on bottom, brackets needed, flanges for posts? Etc) but I would take a from the seat of my pants guess and say 10-12 hours of fab time, I get $75 / hr shop labor, more if its a rush and I have to work on sunday or late as hell to get it done, but I would comfortably say between $750-1000 for the labor for fabrication, plus materials, and depending on where it was add a little for delivery, as I am sure they will ask me to drop it off, usually another $100-$150 if it's local, more if it's not. If they want to pay I am more than happy to stare at a windshield for a while, gives me some alone time and I get to listen to the radio and smoke my pipe.

Shane

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”