ogre's 4x8 bulltear plasma table

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

ogre's 4x8 bulltear plasma table

Post by _Ogre »

the shop ordered a bulltear 4x8 turnkey plasma table a while back. with the holidays and all the trips we had planned we're (as in me) just now getting it running. bulltear turnkey table w/ dthc, rotary tube cutter, hypertherm powermax 65, mach3 bladerunner, cancnc controls and sheetcam tng. the guys in the shop put my water table drain together while i was gone but not much else. table drain is 2 55 gal plastic drums and some plumbing.

i've been reading the manuals for sheetcam, mach3, hypertherm and a lot of forums for the past couple of months. i read the manuals and then head to the forums to understand them. the manuals are a little dry to say the least.

tried the rotary head today with out any luck. loaded a cope dxf from http://www.cobratorch.net/ttn_dxf/in the rotary mach3 program. the y axis took off, y axis should be centered on the tube and all cutting done with x and a axis. tried the tube cut program y axis took off again. so quit that and left you a voice mail. i'll try to call bulltear on monday.

on the plus side... table is working well. cut the mrtbronco4 door roll bar signs and a receiver mounted 3rd brake light cover for the 66 bronco we have in the shop. also cut out some hole test and line test drawings. everything working well. thumbs up on this table. :D

mrtbronco4

line test (drawing not to scale)

hole test (drawing not to scale)

did some testing on cutting holes in 16 ga 304 stainless exhaust tube just using the x,y,z axis's and the dthc with moderate success. this is for welding in the H on an H pipe exhaust; normally we'd use a 2.25'' hole saw at $12 per for maybe 10 holes (5 systems). had to use settings for 10 ga steel to complete the cuts down low. lots of dross, but it's easy to clean off.
the holes are 2.25''x1.75'' elliptical

hoping to get the rotary head going on monday to cut out the actual H pieces

bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: ogre's 4x8 bulltear plasma table

Post by Metriccar »

Ogre, would you mind showing more of a close up picture of the hole and line trial cuts? They look good from a distance. I'm interested in the cut stability between various table manufacturers out there.
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

i'll get you some pics on monday if the shop is open. supposed to be way below zero monday.

anyone have any info on the mach3 rotary head operation?
i have the mach3 rotary program, but it didn't swap out y axis for a axis.
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

best i could do with my cell phone. these are not cleaned up, they are as cut.
there is a little dross, but there was also 5 layers of paint on the back side

_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

finished grounding of the plasma table last week.
drilled a hole in the slab for the ground rod and hit mud.
this ground rod will never dry out.

use an electrical ground buss and 6ga bare copper wire to complete the connections.
connected the ground clamp from the hypertherm pm 65 to a welded tab on the frame.

welded tab on the water table tray, brass lug for the bare 6ga wire and a new 10 foot long work ground clamp for cutting.

braided copper ground cable for grounding the rotary head.
one end bolted to the frame, the other end has a spring to hold tension on the strap.

a lousy pic; metal bench holds the powermax 65 and pc central. ran a ground wire to a lug bolted on a leg of the bench.

i tried to follow jim colt's recommendation on grounding.
the metal bench the powermax 65 is on is grounded, i did not bond the case to the bench.
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

water table fill/drain:

installed 2- 55 gal plastic drums under the table for draining and filling the water table.
need a low pressure regulator and a bigger air vent installed.
drained the barrels hold approx 75 gallons.
i'm trying washing soda as a rust inhibitor for now.

BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

Brilliant looking table there. Im still saving the dollarsto get one myself. Ill be getting a 4x8 gantry though because the shipping would be ridiculous over to Australia for the turn key. Any more pictures or pictures of stuff you've cut with it?
Home built 3400 x 1400mm (11 and a bit X a bit over 4.5 feet)
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Some air dryer off the internet
Another water seperator I found unused on a shelf
Refrigerated air dryer
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

laser x-hairs

Post by _Ogre »

i made a cheapass laser cross hairs for the plasma table.
everything mounts on the torch head of the hypertherm powermax 65

cut this

folded it like this

and mounted it like this, the tabs are threaded 1/4-20 and welded in

i used 2 cheap 5V 650num Red line adjustable focal length laser that i found on ebay. $7 for 2 shipped from china

for power i used an old pc power supply that i had laying around.
yellow wires are 12v, orange wires 3v and red wires are 5 volt; easy peasy :D
the power supply needed a draw on it to work correctly, i add the 12v bulb just for the load
it's just wire tied to the center support under the table

i control the on/off with the xbox controller shoulder buttons.
preset functions for mist and flood coolant turn on aux outputs 2 & 3 on the candcnc box.
a little tweeking of the bracket with a die grinder gives me a true right angle locator for material
Laser X hair bracket.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

rikduk
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rikduk »

Thanks ogre! I was just searching for cheap lasers. Just ordered two!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”