What would you charge to cut these?

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
kazlx
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

What would you charge to cut these?

Post by kazlx »

Doing one of my first high volume jobs. It's for a friend, but for a job that he's doing, so I just want to be fair. The outer diameters are roughly 1.5" and the inner holes are roughly 3/4". I also pierced the 3/16" screw holes.

I'm coming up with approximately 1.00, .80 and 1.60 respectively each. (top to bottom)

skiwithnoskis
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: What would you charge to cut these?

Post by skiwithnoskis »

Assuming that the customer is providing the material I would just about double those prices especially if you don't have any competition in the area. Also are you cleaning them up, or leaving them as is?
kazlx
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by kazlx »

I will be cleaning them up a bit, but I am also assembling them into a piece with a tube connecting them. These are the ends. Then they will go off for blasting and powder, which I won't be doing any of. I am providing material.

They look like this when finished before coating.

pete4477
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by pete4477 »

For parts like that, quantity can influence the price tremendously. Are you doing tens, hundreds, or thousands?
kazlx
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by kazlx »

Probably making about 300 total parts, with a mixture of those ends, so roughly 600 of a mix of them.
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tirediron »

Do a search for XL spreadsheet. You can also look in the Admin posts and find this spreadsheet. It is very handy and you can change the fields to reflect your cost of material. It will also give you cost factors when you have a large number of items.

Gerry

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”