Small Wood Stove

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Small Wood Stove

Post by Paint Chip »

It looks like minimum fit is a 32"x39" piece of steel. It looks to be about 12 in tall by 8 in wide by 12 in deep. That seems pretty small but the tig torch in the picture above tells me it must be close to that. Gonna have to make me one of those torch holders.
PPLLC 4X8 table w 620 ox steppers on 5 axes
Bladerunner CandCNC w/DTHC II
Hypertherm PM85
Burndoubt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Burndoubt »

Thanks, I am also looking for a recommendation on what materials to use for the convection tubes, and if they really make a difference or is it better to omit them for simplicity.
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Paint Chip »

More heat transfer surface should transfer more heat - I don't see a lot of convection going on through horizontal tubes, mostly radiation from them. I might consider replacing them with a baffle instead. I'd probably use black iron pipe if I put them in. Leaving them out would make it a little easier to build.
PPLLC 4X8 table w 620 ox steppers on 5 axes
Bladerunner CandCNC w/DTHC II
Hypertherm PM85
ifallswelder
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ifallswelder »

Leave the tubes out, I created the original stove at the beginnig of the post and this thing cranks out the heat. The tubes will cut down on the room in the fire box and you will not be able to stoke it as efficiently. The only change we have made to the original stove in the post is adding a collar for the stove pipe so it sits higher and does not go down into the firebox. Skip the all the damper stuff also, just use the bottom door as your damper it works great and is less of a pain to build. Hope this helps
Burndoubt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Burndoubt »

Thank you, that's great information, can you tell me the basic dimensions of the size you originally designed and did you continue with 4" pipe?
ifallswelder
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ifallswelder »

The stove I designed to begin with is 7 inches wide, 12 inches tall, and 12 inches long. The hole is for a 3 inch pipe, we just use heavy 3" duct for the pipe. The whole stove can be cut out of a 24" by 48" piece of 1/8" plate. We use a 2" long piece of 3" sched 40 pipe and split it with a cutting wheel, heat it up and bend it open so there is about a 3/4" gap and weld a piece of scrap in there for the ring to accept the stove pipe on the top of the stove.
Burndoubt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Burndoubt »

Awesome! I went with the nested version that is cut and fold (in the essence of time) Although I wish I had the time to do it in separate pieces. The CNC did not cut as good as I had hoped, so I've spent a couple of hours with a dremel working on fitment so far. I did pick up a piece of 3" stove pipe so I could figure out the collar size. Ill post some photos once I get it assembled.
nuno115
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by nuno115 »

Thank you to the both of you, great design and great improvement.
Alpiner
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Alpiner »

Here’s a welded one that I made

plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

WOW, nice job Alpiner! And I love your mods, nice touch!
4eleven
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by 4eleven »

Thanks to the original poster and the upgrade poster. What a great little project!
jaym707
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jaym707 »

I built one with the side pipes for hunting season and it works great. I machined brass handles for it and put my initials with a stainless plate behind that to shine. I also used a stainless pipe for chimney and made a spark arrester for it as well. Looks and works really well. Thanks.
gslavik
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by gslavik »

Nice work, Thank you for sharing!
avengermike
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by avengermike »

Thank you!
bpfeiff
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bpfeiff »

Thanks all!
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
Francisco wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:38 pm Great big thanks to both Ifallswelder and hemichargersrt8.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”