Tight bender dies for press brake

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Tight bender dies for press brake

Post by adbuch »

Kwikvette - I believe you also would need to be a contributing member to see images. If you are planning to do any serious cnc plasma cutting, then the $20 membership fee is really a bargain considering the wealth of cut files and other information contained at the forum.

Do you already have a press brake based on the Swag Offroad kit? If so, then simply narrow the tang from the 1" in the posted dxf file to 3/4" to fit your upper mounting bar. Remove 1/8" from either side so that you keep the center of the tang aligned with the lower tip of the die.

David
Kwikvette
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Kwikvette »

adbuch wrote:
> Kwikvette - I believe you also would need to be a contributing member to
> see images. If you are planning to do any serious cnc plasma cutting, then
> the $20 membership fee is really a bargain considering the wealth of cut
> files and other information contained at the forum.
>
> Do you already have a press brake based on the Swag Offroad kit? If so,
> then simply narrow the tang from the 1" in the posted dxf file to
> 3/4" to fit your upper mounting bar. Remove 1/8" from either side
> so that you keep the center of the tang aligned with the lower tip of the
> die.
>
> David

Thank you for clarifying David; I was really just interested in seeing the dies in action via images not to mention the final piece.

More or less also because I wanted to see if it added any additional clearance versus Swag Offroads own gooseneck dies.

Yes I do have a Swag Offroad brake, have been using it quite a bit as it's the Finger Brake HD model. I am already at the full extent of cnc plasma cutting and will not do more than I do now (I supply parts to two local shops as well as various people online) but only when time permits. I'm retired and so I'm a hobbyist at most with a means of making side money when I can.

I agree with you via the lowly $20 and the amount of files available, I just wouldn't use them though.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Kwikvette - I am not aware of any demo videos showing these particular diy dies in action. Here is a comparison showing the Swag Offroad die vs. the diy die.

It would appear to me that the Swag Offroad dies have better clearance for doing 180 degree bends (ie. "U-shapes"). Swag gets about $165 plus shipping/tax for as set of their gooseneck dies. If you have the ability to cut 1/2" steel and the need for a set of these dies or something similar, then it may well be worth the 20 bucks to join the forum and download the files. I have included below my dxf file for both die versions. I suppose the only way to really "hold one in your hand" would be to cut one.

Good luck!

David
Gooseneck die comparison.jpg
Gooseneck die comparison.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

JeepGuy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by JeepGuy »

adbuch wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:16 am Kwikvette - I think you need to become a contributing member to see pictures and download files. I have all of the Swag Offroad press brake dies including the gooseneck dies. If you click on the link below you will be able to see my image showing the difference between the Swag Offroad version and the ones posted at the top of this thread.

The key difference is the width of the tang which inserts into the die holder bar. The Swag Offroad dies use a 3/4" width, while the version posted in the dxf uses a 1" tang width. If you scale down by a factor of 0.75 this will result in the correct tang width to fit the Swag Offroad press brake. Another option would be to simply edit the file and narrow the 1" tang to 3/4", while leaving the rest of the die the same size.

David
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JFwHxn2inTDDktbz9
swag gooseneck die info.jpg
Are the goose neck dies for swags finger break setup? the one that goes into the HF press?

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”