Is DXF export fixed in X6

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Is DXF export fixed in X6

Post by beefy »

I have Coreldraw X5.

I've often had problems where the dxf export gives a messed up result from what I have drawn, no matter what dxf version I use. Version 11 doesn't mess things up but curves are made of lots of straight line segments. Exporting in SVG (I use Sheetcam which can also import SVG) , or using my purchased macro DXFTOOL usually sorts out this problem for me.

Does anyone know if this problem still happens in X6, it's irritating having to go to my best computer (where my DXFTOOL macro is installed) each time I need a good DXF export.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Is DXF export fixed in X6

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

Corel draw doesn't export arcs (like dxf tool) so the dxf will be all line segements (<=v11) or spline curves (>v11), and different programs handle splines differently, some just turn them into line segements same as corel, and if I'm not mistaken that's basically what sheetcam does with splines (and SVG graphics). If sheetcam were able to convert splines (or SVG) to arcs it'd be doing the same thing that dxf tools does. As it is, in corel, there's little difference between SVG and DXF with splines. Even so, some programs work better with one or the other.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Thanks very much Signtorch, good to learn that sort of information.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

beefy wrote:I have Coreldraw X5.

I've often had problems where the dxf export gives a messed up result from what I have drawn, no matter what dxf version I use. Version 11 doesn't mess things up but curves are made of lots of straight line segments. Exporting in SVG (I use Sheetcam which can also import SVG) , or using my purchased macro DXFTOOL usually sorts out this problem for me.

Does anyone know if this problem still happens in X6, it's irritating having to go to my best computer (where my DXFTOOL macro is installed) each time I need a good DXF export.

Keith.
It's still the same even in X7
I to have been seeing little problems with dxf's from corel for a while now, lots of trying different version setting's, lots of tweaking import settings in Sheetcam, finally found the answer seems to be in using the SVG format.
Good stuff.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Thanks lads, good to know.

There's been one or two guys here said they never had a problem with DXF export, which I've always found hard to believe.

I often find problems with corners and a tip I picked up is to to put the tiniest fillet on the corner, nothing visible, and that may help the problem.

Of course it's easier to just use SVG.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”