Water table erroring out plasmacam

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
i_r_machinist
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Water table erroring out plasmacam

Post by i_r_machinist »

I finished my water table on my 4x4 plasmacam. I'm running the water about 1" down from the bottom of my plate. When I cut through and the water splashes up on the torch I get "Torch hit material" and have to blow the tip off to continue the cycle. I lowered the water to 3" down and don't get the error now, but I get a lot more smoke in the shop. I watch videos of torches running with the water touching the plate.
What am I missing?
thanks
i_r_
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Water table erroring out plasmacam

Post by icmplasma85 »

I dont have a water table, but I have to keep the "alert when torch hits material" sensor off most of the time because it is so sensitive. Depending on what you are cutting it doesn't need to be on most of the time anyway. There may be another solution the tech guys at Plasmacam could give you, but turning that setting off should make it work better.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Water table erroring out plasmacam

Post by jimcolt »

The PlasmaCam ohmic sensing does not work with water splashing on the torch. Either lower the water (so no splash), or don't use the ohmic sense function. I prefer downdraft on both of my PlasmaCam machines.

Jim Colt

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”