cut leeader program ?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

cut leeader program ?

Post by abmagrum »

Does anyone know anything about the cut leader program posted in the advertisements on the top ?
is it a sheet cam competitor ?
is it suppose to be better?
what does it do?

just curious

thanks
al
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: cut leeader program ?

Post by beefy »

Hi Al,

just had a sticky beak at their website.

The forum has a total of 18 threads, nearly all of which are started by Cutleader and have no replies.

You can download the PDF user manual and a trial.

Downloaded the post processor library - there are just 5 post processors there.

Company is based in China, and seems like this is a brand new product, yet they are asking a few dollars for it. Haven't checked the demo side of things yet. They say nesting too but just listening to various forum posts in the past it often seems you need a pretty powerful nesting program to give a good result. Many say they can pack things more tightly with manual nesting. Sheetcam works with that Mynesting software at just a few dollars a per completed nest, i.e. you don't pay until you are happy with the nest result.

Based on the lack of forum activity I wonder if hardly anyone has this software. I'd be a bit nervous about forking out the money they are asking for a non-established application, just to find out they aren't operating any more down the track. Sheetcam has loads of users, the fantastic guy Les himself, and is simply improving all the time.

I think this company should be introducing this software at a deeply discounted price to get it out on the market. This is what my 3D cad company did and the software sold like hotcakes. Now they are charging a lot more because it is well established and trusted, and has a large user base that help each other out.

I'm downloading the trial right now. Hope it doesn't crash my compluter :lol:

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

Thanks. Beefy
hope you don't get anything screwed up on my account.
I will check into it too.
thanks
al
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Don't worry Al,

if anything screws up, I'd be a complete pratt if I somehow blamed you for that. I'm doing this to satisfy my own curiosity. At this point in time, I have more reason to back away from Chinese products than to embrace them. But who knows there always exists the possibility of some good ones.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Just installed and tried it, not impressed.

First of all the licensing says it's for one PC only. With Sheetcam I have it installed on my laptop, home office, and shed computer. The full version of Cutleader is about $1000 I think so that would cost me $3000 to have it on 3 PCs.

Imported a DXF and Cutleader showed a blank screen PLUS my mouse was gone within the Cutleader window. Pressed Ctrl-Alt_Del to get the Task Manager window and my mouse was available within that window, but when I moved it out of there and back to the Cutleader window it dissappeared. I shut down the Cutleader process via Task Manager and un-installed it.

Opened the same DXF in Sheetcam. I got a message saying overlapping outlines had been removed but the DXF opened OK. Looks like Cutleader needs some work and a cheaper price if it is to compete with Sheetcam. My first impressions are the developers are dreaming. Give me Les & Sheetcam.

No wonder there's next to no activity on the Cutleader forum if this is how easy it stuffs up.
2500 x 1500 water table
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

Thanks Beefy
sorry it wasn't any good.
but glad also , wont have to buy anything . :)
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

thanks for being the guinea pig!
Dennis