plasma table setup

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

plasma table setup

Post by _Ogre »

our shop just received our new bulltear 4x8 plasma table. i'm in the middle of moving the bridgeport, buffer, drill press, exhaust bender, disk sander and running new power and air for those pieces of equipment.

how do your setups look? where do you have your plasma cutter and pc located?
the ideal location for the plasma cutter (hypertherm 65) looks to be under the water table; does that work?

bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: plasma table setup

Post by jimcolt »

Under the table is fine for the Powermax65. Keep in mind that you need access to the on/off switch on the rear panel.....as it is the reset safety switch after changing consumables.

Thanks for buying the Hypertherm, from all of the employee owners at Hypertherm. Contact me if you have any questions regarding cut quality, operation, etc.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

_Ogre wrote:our shop just received our new bulltear 4x8 plasma table. i'm in the middle of moving the bridgeport, buffer, drill press, exhaust bender, disk sander and running new power and air for those pieces of equipment.

how do your setups look? where do you have your plasma cutter and pc located?
the ideal location for the plasma cutter (hypertherm 65) looks to be under the water table; does that work?

_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

under the table it is then. thanks jim. and your welcome.
pc location? what do you guys have?
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

I have a Torchmate and two PlasmaCam tables in my home shop. A Powermax85 on the 4 x 4 PlasmaCam and a Powermax65 on the 2 x 2 (GoTorch) PlasmaCam. I currently do not use the Torchmate....but used to have a Powermax45 on it.

Attached is a picture of the 2 x 2 PlasmaCam (in the build stage!), it has the PC strapped right on the side of the downdraft table, I custom build a monitor bracket and keyboard tray as well. You can sort of see my 4 x 4 machine in the right rear of the picture with a similar setup.

Jim Colt
ready.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

jimcolt wrote:Under the table is fine for the Powermax65. Keep in mind that you need access to the on/off switch on the rear panel.....as it is the reset safety switch after changing consumables.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
Sorry for jumping in here, can I ask if using the wall switch/isolator as an alternative to using the rear panel switch is ok?

Thanks, Sean
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”