need help on pricing this chair

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
houtexweldfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

need help on pricing this chair

Post by houtexweldfab »

hey guy just wanted to see what your opinion is on selling these chairs. I have 4 to make and a 48" round table to make a set. it took me like 4 hrs just to make the first chair.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

elvenhome21
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: need help on pricing this chair

Post by elvenhome21 »

Just going off of what i would see at a high end store your looking at a minimum of $120 a chair for a nfl team.
Bonzi Metalworks
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

A bit off topic but still to do with these chairs.

I'd love to hear anyones opinion on the potential for liability issues with these chairs. The back rest has a long bit coming to a point that if pushed out becomes a spear.

Likewise I see a few spikey points on the sitting area that could do some nice work on fingers that got in there. This was especially brought to my attention when I talked to council lady about metal art in playgrounds. Her immediate response was about kids fingers / hands getting damaged by pinch points, V slots, sharp bits, etc.

It may be what the customer asked for but here in Australia, where nobody takes responsibility for their own actions, there's a thing called the chain of responsibility, and it's not acceptable to just say that is what the customer ordered. And of course how many stories are there of the customer blaming the manufacturer so they can get some compo.

I mentioned something like this on someone elses art peice but got no response. The peice was very impressive but to me was also like welding a bunch of spikes to a steel base. The thought of someone falling on it was shivering.

Is it a question I shouldn't be asking.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

I always get asked to make burners for boiling crawfish and other seafood down here in Louisiana. I don't make them
because i am scared of someone getting blown up and suing me. People are pretty dumb these days and i just stay away
from items that could cause me problems.
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

Wickedinhere,
I know what you're talking about. I've been accused of being paranoid but with the world being sue happy, one can't be too careful. Shortly after starting our business, we started making lift kits, wheel spacers, etc. for a local importer and that is what got me to thinking about liability insurance. So I started checking on what it would cost and I was surprised that it wasn't near as much as I thought it would be.

Allen
MountainGoat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by MountainGoat »

houtexweldfab wrote:hey guy just wanted to see what your opinion is on selling these chairs. I have 4 to make and a 48" round table to make a set. it took me like 4 hrs just to make the first chair.
Don't ask Gary Kubiak what it's worth....lol

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”